Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Post bankruptcy JK deals - Post em here!

Old 05-01-2009, 07:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by briaros6
According to the owner of the dealership here, employee pricing and associated discounts will be gone forever. It'll be like trying to get a discount on a Volvo, rare to never...
Lol, I'll sell you a new XC90 for $10k off.

Actually, mine was bought sight unseen and at a damned good price IMO. Just remember the factories will be closed for minimum one month possibly two during bankruptcy proceedings and will not be reopened until they're done. So unless it's already off the line you could have a little wait (think 8-12 weeks) there...
You guys do realize that this essentially means that 2009 production is done, right? Current model year production ordering ends in the end of May/early July depending on what it is. They aren't going to shut down production for two months and start up the '09s in the beginning of July. They'll use this shut down to retool the factories for the '10s. BUT, in the mean time they'll be shifting production, eliminating slow selling models, closing down factories, etc.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Atl JK
You guys do realize that this essentially means that 2009 production is done, right? Current model year production ordering ends in the end of May/early July depending on what it is. They aren't going to shut down production for two months and start up the '09s in the beginning of July. They'll use this shut down to retool the factories for the '10s. BUT, in the mean time they'll be shifting production, eliminating slow selling models, closing down factories, etc.
Meaning you can only buy what's on the lots now (or built and still in the pipeline).
Old 05-02-2009, 02:12 PM
JK Newbie

I just put a down payment on 2 door '09 Sahara - it's already built and they're bring it from another stealership. Still got the Employee Plus deal. I figure that will be as good a deal as I may get right now. I don't think I'll speculate waiting for some other deal that may never come. Jeep is one of those brands that people will pay money for. Maybe I missed getting a thousand less, but maybe it might go up a thousand more, plus I didn't have to do much negotiating which is the real plus-plus.

I got the Dual tops and the trailer tow - so I would get the 3.73 differential - I was thinking Rubi for the 4.10 but it still would've bumped it all at least 2 grand and I haven't been a real crazy offroader since I blew the engine on the '91. In a few years maybe I'll start messing with it!

MSRP was $28,990, I'm paying $24,977. So I think I'm pretty happy.

This is my 3rd wrangler, had a '91, a '99 and now an '09. Used to have an Audi Quattro before that, but that Audi was definitely not trail-rated - at least the oil pan wasn't.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Atl JK
Lol, I'll sell you a new XC90 for $10k off.

why? I've got an 09 JK coming...
Old 05-02-2009, 07:10 PM
JK Newbie

Got 25% off sticker today. I am happy!

There is only two Deep Water Blue JK's in the photos. It looks like I will have to pitch in.

Last edited by edmojam; 05-02-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I ordered mine on March 1. It is built and was placed in storage as of Thursday, April 30. From what others are posting, it'll be a couple of weeks until I see it. I'll have to check with the dealer to see when it will be delivered.

Chris
Old 05-03-2009, 05:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by chrisswank
I ordered mine on March 1. It is built and was placed in storage as of Thursday, April 30. From what others are posting, it'll be a couple of weeks until I see it. I'll have to check with the dealer to see when it will be delivered.

Chris
Yeah, the dealer here is giving me daily updates on mine. Talk about customer service huh...
Old 05-03-2009, 07:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by britjk
Hopefully we'll still own Jeep's. I can't see FIAT on the front of mine. LOL
I hope Fiat does'nt touch the the jeepClick image for larger version

Name:	Fiat-Jeep--53928.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	23530Yikes
Old 05-04-2009, 05:26 AM
JK Freak

Chrsyler Financial is being absorbed by GMAC Financial according to last reports, which is currently being run by the gov't. It's their way of making sure some of these companies aren't skimming from these loans.
Yeah, only the government skimming from the loans instead!
Old 05-04-2009, 05:27 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Erockkrawler
I hope Fiat does'nt touch the the jeepAttachment 23530Yikes
AAAHHHHHH! I just threw up in my mouth...

Quick Reply: Post bankruptcy JK deals - Post em here!