Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Post bankruptcy JK deals - Post em here!

Old 05-01-2009, 12:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by briaros6
Well I signed on mine on tuesday, but the dealership isn't supposed to get it in until the 9th which begs the question is it on the production line and come monday is it gonna sit there till who knows when??? Oi...
I signed for mine on April 11th. $1,000.00 down. I'm planning on picking it up on May 9th. I e-mailed my dealer this morning and he said,

"As of rite now you should not be at any risk, still showing the same ship date i will keep you posted if anything should change."

I hope all will be fine . I want my Black Jeep Unlimited!!!
Old 05-01-2009, 12:09 PM
JK Freak

Chrsyler Financial is being absorbed by GMAC Financial according to last reports, which is currently being run by the gov't. It's their way of making sure some of these companies aren't skimming from these loans.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by briaros6
Chrsyler Financial is being absorbed by GMAC Financial according to last reports, which is currently being run by the gov't. It's their way of making sure some of these companies aren't skimming from these loans.
There you go. And if GMAC dissolves, Chase or Bank of America will be the likely ones to take their assets, IMO.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Donatello
i looked for years before i bought mine 2 months ago. They never go on sale anyway. This was basically the first time wrangler was deep discounted that I can ever remember.
Wholeheartedly agree. I have purchased 4 TJs and 2 JKs over the past 10 years, all brand new. I never saw any factory incentives on Wranglers during those years greater than $500 to $1000 off MSRP. Anything you got off more than that was up to your dealing skills.

Now is the time to buy. It ain't going to get better than this unless Chrysler completely liquidated (which is not happening). If that was the case, you would have a new vehicle with no warranty, no TSB / Recall protection, dealer service, etc. which is kinda what some folks have had anyway with Chrysler.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ill be going in next week to continue negotiation with the dealer.. for awhile now i have been going back and forth with them by email, but i wanna walk in there and talk face to face. Im aiming for a stone white unlimited rubi only things i wanna add are auto and tow package. They told me 6-8 weeks, because there is none. I know its gonna be tough to get a good deal on something thats not even on the lot but ima try my best and so far via emial they have been getting close to what i wanna pay... what do you guys think?
Old 05-01-2009, 04:20 PM
JK Super Freak

I am glad I got mine when I did. Looks like the deal is about as good as I could've hoped for. I might've gotten cheaper in the States, but I think I hit the discounts at the top (or bottom, however you want to look at it) as far as ENCS is concerned. Plus, with the Lowest Price Guarantee, I'm assured of my agreed price and no more no matter what the do now... unless the price goes down, then it could get lower. Probably won't though.

We'll see. Good luck to all who're in the market now. Hope you can get a deal still.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:37 PM
JK Newbie

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...+in+warranties

......Philip Reed, senior consumer advice editor at Edmunds.com, said deals on Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicles are likely to be aggressive, but not as much as consumers might expect.

"There will be deals, but more in the realm of very competitive pricing and incentives rather than 'fire sale' prices," Reed said.

Chrysler's most recent round of incentives, including the Employee Pricing Plus program, were set to expire Thursday, but the company is expected to unleash a new round of bargains for this month beginning today.

Nerad, the Kelley Blue Book analyst, said it's unlikely those incentives will be much more aggressive than in previous months.

"The buyers who wouldn't buy because of bankruptcy are unlikely to be lured in by extra incentives," Nerad said.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Nght&Day-jk
Ill be going in next week to continue negotiation with the dealer.. for awhile now i have been going back and forth with them by email, but i wanna walk in there and talk face to face. Im aiming for a stone white unlimited rubi only things i wanna add are auto and tow package. They told me 6-8 weeks, because there is none. I know its gonna be tough to get a good deal on something thats not even on the lot but ima try my best and so far via emial they have been getting close to what i wanna pay... what do you guys think?
Actually, mine was bought sight unseen and at a damned good price IMO. Just remember the factories will be closed for minimum one month possibly two during bankruptcy proceedings and will not be reopened until they're done. So unless it's already off the line you could have a little wait (think 8-12 weeks) there...
Old 05-01-2009, 05:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aboji
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...+in+warranties

......Philip Reed, senior consumer advice editor at Edmunds.com, said deals on Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicles are likely to be aggressive, but not as much as consumers might expect.

"There will be deals, but more in the realm of very competitive pricing and incentives rather than 'fire sale' prices," Reed said.

Chrysler's most recent round of incentives, including the Employee Pricing Plus program, were set to expire Thursday, but the company is expected to unleash a new round of bargains for this month beginning today.

Nerad, the Kelley Blue Book analyst, said it's unlikely those incentives will be much more aggressive than in previous months.

"The buyers who wouldn't buy because of bankruptcy are unlikely to be lured in by extra incentives," Nerad said.
Well since im still in the negotiating stage i think this worked out to my advantage.. but if factories are closed and no rubi like i ordered is off the line im screwed for awhile
Old 05-01-2009, 07:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by db99wj
Good point.

I believe it will come to one thing, performance, if it is the stand alone, they stay, if it is the multi line, they stay. The court might (probably won't) not care. I would guess that if Chrysler would prefer to have the stand alone lot, but not sure how much pull they will have.

Before Bill Heard went out, I would have thought the multi line, corporate owned dealers would be safer, and the smaller local/regional dealerships would be vulnerable, but that is not the case in this crazy environment.

Just heard on the radio, that Chrysler workers will still get paid when they shut down production.
That's actually not true. What's going on is that Chrysler is pushing their plan that they started back in '07 to make all stores be "Alpha Stores" meaning all being Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge. While it is true that under performing dealerships are going under and are going to continue going under. That's just them allowing the economy and really the credit crisis to allow the smaller dealerships to drown. They're doing it by manipulating the floor plans. Luckily, all of our Chrysler stores are no longer floor planned under Chrysler. They're all floor planned under BOA now so we don't have to do things under their terms.

Quick Reply: Post bankruptcy JK deals - Post em here!