Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Post bankruptcy JK deals - Post em here!

Old 05-01-2009, 08:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate to bust the bubble because a good deal can most likely be found. However, reports are now saying that deep incentives may actually go away due to the Chapter 11 status. When a company is under Chapter 11 reorganization protection of the government plus the government is giving them all the money they need for operating expenses, they don;t have to give away product anymore. Product is only given away during the panic actually leading up to the Chapter 11 filing. Jeep is Chrysler's most valuable brand and you don't emerge out of Chapter 11 by liquidating inventory. That would be Chapter 7.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Hopefully we'll still own Jeep's. I can't see FIAT on the front of mine. LOL
Old 05-01-2009, 08:59 AM
JK Freak

According to the owner of the dealership here, employee pricing and associated discounts will be gone forever. It'll be like trying to get a discount on a Volvo, rare to never...
Old 05-01-2009, 09:22 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by briaros6
According to the owner of the dealership here, employee pricing and associated discounts will be gone forever. It'll be like trying to get a discount on a Volvo, rare to never...
Exactly what I have been hearing. Luckily I bought my Rubicon at $2K under Employee Pricing about 3 weeks ago.

With that being said, Chrysler or whatever they call theirself after all this, has a ton of ground to make up in the customer confidence arena. That is not done with shakey warranty support and terrible customer service which helped get them here in the first place. The economy was just the final nail in the coffin of a business model that was dieing to begin with. I am happy to pay more for a product if the manufacturer will just stand behind their product.

People have 2 things to spend, time and money. People will spend money just to save time. Chrysler and GM need to learn how to stop wasting both of those with their customer base.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:48 AM
JK Freak

Well, they gave me good news, the Jeep has been completed, however they extended the delivery date to May 12th give or take a few days... And here I was all excited about going topless day.

I think I got a great deal in that they gave me the employee pricing plus another 1500 off on top of giving me 1500 over blue book on my trade in. Sometimes it's nice knowing the owner of the dealership.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PogMoThoin
I hate to bust the bubble because a good deal can most likely be found. However, reports are now saying that deep incentives may actually go away due to the Chapter 11 status. When a company is under Chapter 11 reorganization protection of the government plus the government is giving them all the money they need for operating expenses, they don;t have to give away product anymore. Product is only given away during the panic actually leading up to the Chapter 11 filing. Jeep is Chrysler's most valuable brand and you don't emerge out of Chapter 11 by liquidating inventory. That would be Chapter 7.
You are absolutly correct.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Incentives, yep they are gone, I agree with what is said above. You must remember, you will have to work off of invoice price. Ask to see it.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by briaros6
i looked for years before i bought mine 2 months ago. They never go on sale anyway. This was basically the first time wrangler was deep discounted that I can ever remember.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:35 AM
JK Freak

Since they are filing for bankruptcy what does that mean for peple with loans?
Old 05-01-2009, 11:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mikesjk
Since they are filing for bankruptcy what does that mean for peple with loans?
You will still pay to the same place, if it is Chrysler financial, you keep doing so. At some point, maybe already, Chrysler financial will continue or be absorbed by another institution, like Chase. Whatever, if any, change, you will be notified to where to send your payment.

They are saying regarding the warranties, that they will still be honored. Government backed...the conservative talk show hosts were talking about this all day long here.

Quick Reply: Post bankruptcy JK deals - Post em here!