Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Post bankruptcy JK deals - Post em here!

Old 04-30-2009, 12:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post bankruptcy JK deals - Post em here!

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread where people who buy a JK post-bankruptcy can let us know what kind of deals they're seeing or get.

So post away!!!!!!!

Last edited by kafka1983; 04-30-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:57 PM
JK Newbie

I'm wondering what deals will be available. Employee Pricing+++++? A bigger cashback?

I am looking to buy right now, so I am VERY interested in what is going on. I'm glad I didn't order yet as I would have found the order DOA because of the assembly lines closing for the interim. I think they close as of Monday.

Anyone have any info? It would be appreciated if you can let us know what is going on.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:39 PM
JK Freak

Well I signed on mine on tuesday, but the dealership isn't supposed to get it in until the 9th which begs the question is it on the production line and come monday is it gonna sit there till who knows when??? Oi...
Old 04-30-2009, 07:28 PM
JK Newbie

naw man most likely yours is out of production/off the line and just in transit. I know quite a few people whose jeeps have taken a few weeks to get shipped after coming off the line.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They're finishing what's on the production line and not shutting down production till the 4th. There is enough inventory out there till last till the next model year (minus police models and chassis cabs). You guys need to realize that production normally stops not to much longer after this. Dealerships normally can't place orders anymore after late May/early June. Depending on what it is...

Don't expect much better deals than are currently available. Employee pricing ends after this weekend. But, EP wasn't that great of a deal anyway, there were a lot better deals last year.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:21 AM
bkw
JK Freak

I took my deposit down on an unlimited 23S. Had received the EP + $1k + $1k additional from the dealer..

The boss (wife) and I are a little bit nervous about the bankruptcy, but we also think we may be able to get a better deal.. if not, well that's our bad - but thats the gamble we're willing to take.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:34 AM
JK Freak

Just got off the phone with the dealership and they are in the midst of finding out the status of my Jeep. Hopefully I'll know within the hour what's going on.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:54 AM
JK Super Freak

With the Jeep brand and the limited availability of the JK, one could think that the prices are going to hold or possibly go up, due to the fact that the Jeep JK is one of their best sellers, and pricing on the stuff that doesn't sell well will hit rock bottom.

One thing I would be concerned about is being able to find one that you want with the options that you want, instead of having to "settle" for more or less in order to get one. (All we can find is this model that has the options you want, but it also has these other options that you didn't want but that's the only one close, and it is $XXX more than what you wanted to pay....sign here and we can have it here in 4 days)

Another thing to worry/wonder about is the actual dealership. Under performing dealerships are going to go away. There are going to be a lot of dealers that are gone soon, as part of the BK plan. We have lost 2 in our area over the last 3 months. If they are Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep only dealers, they better be performing or they will be gone, if your dealer is a multi line dealership, they might have a chance.

Going to be interesting to see what actually happens.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by db99wj
Another thing to worry/wonder about is the actual dealership. Under performing dealerships are going to go away. There are going to be a lot of dealers that are gone soon, as part of the BK plan. We have lost 2 in our area over the last 3 months. If they are Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep only dealers, they better be performing or they will be gone, if your dealer is a multi line dealership, they might have a chance.
Not sure even being a multi-brand line car dealer is going to make much difference...either they are performing for Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep, or they are not.

If they are say a Chevy/GMC/Buick/Pontiac/Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep shop, but are only selling 2/3 or less of Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep products compared to a standalone Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep dealer nearby in the area...which would make more sense to close down if you have to make the choice?

On one hand, the "odds" that long term the multi-brand dealer staying in business is possibly better.

But on the other hand, the stand alone dealer in the scenario above is selling more of YOUR product, and is of course going to be more loyal to YOUR product because that is all they have to make money from. Whereas the multi-brand dealer would not care if the customer bought a Chevy instead...as long as you were buying something.

I just think you will see a lot of underperforming dealers get the axe...whether they are stand alone or multi-brand...if they are not performing for Chrysler Corp, they will get the axe.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Area-51
Not sure even being a multi-brand line car dealer is going to make much difference...either they are performing for Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep, or they are not.

If they are say a Chevy/GMC/Buick/Pontiac/Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep shop, but are only selling 2/3 or less of Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep products compared to a standalone Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep dealer nearby in the area...which would make more sense to close down if you have to make the choice?

On one hand, the "odds" that long term the multi-brand dealer staying in business is possibly better.

But on the other hand, the stand alone dealer in the scenario above is selling more of YOUR product, and is of course going to be more loyal to YOUR product because that is all they have to make money from. Whereas the multi-brand dealer would not care if the customer bought a Chevy instead...as long as you were buying something.

I just think you will see a lot of underperforming dealers get the axe...whether they are stand alone or multi-brand...if they are not performing for Chrysler Corp, they will get the axe.

Good point.

I believe it will come to one thing, performance, if it is the stand alone, they stay, if it is the multi line, they stay. The court might (probably won't) not care. I would guess that if Chrysler would prefer to have the stand alone lot, but not sure how much pull they will have.

Before Bill Heard went out, I would have thought the multi line, corporate owned dealers would be safer, and the smaller local/regional dealerships would be vulnerable, but that is not the case in this crazy environment.

Just heard on the radio, that Chrysler workers will still get paid when they shut down production.

Quick Reply: Post bankruptcy JK deals - Post em here!