Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Poser JK!!!! Check this out!

Old 01-17-2009, 06:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ucfavenger
worst part is...he thought you were loving it...taking pics and everything. ugh.
Yeah that's the bad thing. But as I passed him rollin on my 33s I made sure I didn't even turn my head. I'm surprised the liscense plate didn't read "WITEY" or "GNGSTA". LOL!
Old 01-17-2009, 06:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jblankster
i hope the next pic you have is of you running that thing off the road!
It would be even better if we were near a muddy ditch. Rubicon or not he would simply spin those dubs! Not sure if I would pull him out or not. If I did it wouldn't be until most of the white was covered or wheels were buried. Plus I would make him crawl through the muck to get his end of the strap. It's not worth me getting muddy.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sick_x
OK, I'm on my way home from work today and I spot this. This should be the biggest disgrace to the JK community and Jeeps everywhere . I am all for doing mods to suit your needs and/or taste, but at least pick the right vehicle in the first place. I thought I was going to be sick when I saw it and it got worse once I noticed it was a RUBICON. Why spend the extra cash only to turn it into this! Even the hardtop, bumpers, and wheels were painted to match. Truly a sad day in the JK world.

Dude I saw this guy rollin by the other day
My wife says eeeewwwww
and I threw up in my mouth a little
Old 01-17-2009, 07:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by adgraybda
x2 i love the stock spare is still there saying with all its might "i used to be a rubicon!! help!! "
I'd burrn it
Old 01-17-2009, 07:38 AM
JK Super Freak

you should have followed it and when he parked threw mud all over it poor jeep
Old 01-17-2009, 09:31 AM
JK Junkie

Personnaly, I think that this Jeep is kitsch.
But this Jeeper is also a member of our great family. That's why I respect his choice, and if I see him on the road, I will wave him with a smile
Old 01-17-2009, 10:56 AM
DLM
JK Newbie

Old 01-17-2009, 11:20 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its his Jeep, and that is what makes these so much fun. It lets him do what he wants to do, and it seems he wants to use it to project that image. Doesnt bother me, although I have no use for a Jeep with painted Rock sliders.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:36 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Youri
I like it.

Who cares how you think a jeep should look, you're not an authority.

I can judge you guys too.

"OMGG What color lug nuts should I get so they match with my rims"

"Does this light bar match my shift stick or should I spend $1000 to powdercoat it, yea I'm a ruff ryda".

Probably spend more time shopping for the right color light covers than women do for purses.

Real jeeps don't care, they are tanks, with bullet holes in em, and dent marks on the hood, from like, enemy parachuters landing on it, and you wack em with a shovel. They go through wars!!! Not through car washes.

Maybe this guy's jeep is made for the arctic, so he can hunt polar bears and be camouflaged, and he's only running those tires to save gas mileage. Or maybe he just wants an all white jeep, maybe he's in the KKK.

My point is, before you judge people for their sense of aesthetic and what they do to their vehicles, maybe you should be certain that yours isn't in the same boat and some old man from WWII isn't going to laugh at you for being a pansy.
VERY GOOD POST
Old 01-17-2009, 11:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by red rcok
I'd burrn it
I'd put some 33's and a 2 inch lift kit in and be proud to wheel it myself.

Honestly I think it looks great other than the wheels/tyres.

The more people that do this sort of thing, the more "offroad virgin" Jeeps & parts that will be available in 5-10 years time

Quick Reply: Poser JK!!!! Check this out!