Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The poor Jeep only has 2,800KM on it and it may be totaled. :(

Old 06-10-2013, 04:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2013-JeepJK

From what i gather that's how it works here aswell.
Did you pay for the no questions asked replacement if you jeep is written off with icbc? If not they probably will write it off, if the repairs cost half of the vehicle cost that's what they usually do unfortunately. Sorry about the accident!
Old 06-10-2013, 05:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why did your insurance company request you not speak with others? I find that very odd and I would think about what they are aiming for. If it was your lawyer and you were going to make a case of it, it would make sense. But not your insurance company.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Based on the damage I saw it'll be close to 50% of the vehicles value I'm guessing and it has possible frame damage which should write it off. It's a good thing it was the trailer & not the F350 though. Could've been worse, but it's just one of those situations on that road.

Hopefully they write it off, because that's a lot of damage to fix and you'll end up keeping it forever because you can't resell a wrecked JK up here for what they are worth. Not sure if you got the 3 year replacement value or not, but it's a good idea to if you haven't.

Nate
Old 06-10-2013, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Whiskeymike
Why did your insurance company request you not speak with others? I find that very odd and I would think about what they are aiming for. If it was your lawyer and you were going to make a case of it, it would make sense. But not your insurance company.
Maybe my word choice was wrong, but yeah.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:42 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by AdvJeep
....If not they probably will write it off, if the repairs cost half of the vehicle cost that's what they usually do unfortunately. ....
I just went through a near 'total' with an 03 Rubicon and the cut-off isn't half with my company, Allstate has it closer to 70%. The value of the truck was $13,500 and at $9k they were teetering on the edge of fix or total. The details are what saved it from a 'total loss'.

Unless your company has specifically said 50%, I would go off of a higher value before you think they'll total it.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 06-10-2013, 02:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AdvJeep
Did you pay for the no questions asked replacement if you jeep is written off with icbc? If not they probably will write it off, if the repairs cost half of the vehicle cost that's what they usually do unfortunately. Sorry about the accident!
Thanks. I guess we'll have to see but at this point with the amount of damage there is it wouldn't surprise me at all if it's written off...
Old 06-10-2013, 05:26 PM
JK Jedi

Guys, I moved this thread to JK Talk which is more appropriate for what is being discussed.

Thanks!!

Scooby
Old 06-12-2013, 02:58 PM
JK Newbie

I have 2012 sahara JKU that owned for about a wee before I had an accident that resulted in a 9400 estimate for repair and that is what is getting done, a repair. My insurance company, Progressive, advised thatthe ewer the car the more damage t takes to toal it so nmycase i would be 70% to be totalled.

Didn't even have mine 10 days before the accident......still waiting to get it back.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flyfsher
I have 2012 sahara JKU that owned for about a wee before I had an accident that resulted in a 9400 estimate for repair and that is what is getting done, a repair. My insurance company, Progressive, advised thatthe ewer the car the more damage t takes to toal it so nmycase i would be 70% to be totalled.

Didn't even have mine 10 days before the accident......still waiting to get it back.
Yes, but you have an Unlimited (more expensive than my 2dr) and a Sahara (MUCH more expensive then my sport)
Old 06-13-2013, 02:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can't commit if it's totaled without seeing some pictures.

A non-rubicon front end is under 600, and all the steering accessories are cheap. Body work isn't cheap and frame work is even more expensive. A windshield is less than 300 if you buy it, or less if it's through your insurance (what you pay, not the total price).

Quick Reply: The poor Jeep only has 2,800KM on it and it may be totaled. :(