Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: Which of the Three for my Wife
4-dr JK Rubicon
40.68%
C6 Corvette
4.24%
C6 Z06 Corvette
55.08%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Poll - 4-dr JK Rubi or C6 Vette or C6Z06 Vette

Old 11-04-2008, 12:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LilBuddy
you crack me up
Well I have three runner-up JKs CupOfCake...which ya leaning towards?

* One already has my favorite rims and is black friggin awesome!

* One has 37s and a longarm kit and an auto trail ready...(stock Rubis are too though )

* One is Redrock like mine ...which you used to want matching till you got all independent and all

Old 11-04-2008, 01:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Dude... that Z06 is bitchin! Since you already have the JK, I'd be all over that thing.

Of course... my wife would probably want something practical.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'd go for the Z06, I was looking at a yellow one yesterday at my local dealership while waiting for my wife's Suburban to get fixed,I want a z06,but I have a slight problem with the $83,000.00 price tag.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by cousin eddy
I'd go for the Z06, I was looking at a yellow one yesterday at my local dealership while waiting for my wife's Suburban to get fixed,I want a z06,but I have a slight problem with the $83,000.00 price tag.
You and I both have a problem with an $83k pricetag
Old 11-04-2008, 04:15 PM
JK Freak

I would get the 08 vette for sure
Old 11-04-2008, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Do you want this for show or functionally?
Old 11-04-2008, 04:59 PM
JK Newbie

The vette is a nice car. Have driven one around alot, and it is well built and has every bell and wistle. I think it is an easy choice. Get the jeep and then run over the vette.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by eisenjj

Buy a used Noble M400! Forget Corvette's, Viper's....and why even mention the Veyron? I have owned several high po/exotics and nothing compares to the Noble for bang for the buck category. Even a Lotus Exige S240 would make more sense than the Corvette. But, hey if you are just looking for a straight line car then Corvettes are just fine. Albeit I would'nt mind the new ZR1...Don't get me wrong the Corvette is a pretty "good" car for coming out of Detroit and have a far price but you can get a much better car for the same money. Google Noble M400, Superlite Coupe, Ariel Atom, Ultima GTR(which puts even the Veyron to shame in some areas), etc.
ohhhh kayyyyy, that was pretty funny I needed a good laugh especially after waking up to find out who won the new presidency .

Ok seriously though, Veyron and Noble are by no means even worthy to be mentioned in the same sentence you know that, especially if you've owned exotics What kind did you own btw?

The Noble has a kitcar interior, was sad the twin turbo Garett's only provided 175mph, the Ultima GTR looks like a kitcar, but impressive in a couple areas, just butt ugly and the little gocart Ariel was just hilarious .
Old 11-05-2008, 01:18 PM
Ben
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH
Oh now Ben , I agree with building a drag car fbody to run against a Bugatti but, I built my 4th gen fbody to run 10s all motor ...AND it was just a measely LT1...not the almighty LSxx . But the Bugatti and a 4th gen fbody running in a 1/4 mi Vs. running anywhere else are two different animals , you know that

Now if you want to compare apples and apples...a turbo-charged Vespa Vs a Bugatti would be ideal
Just so we are clear that we are both real car guys, I realize comparing an f-body to a bugatti is the same (in my mind) to comparing an s5 with a z06. Part of the red-blooded american in me does get a little agitated when people fawn over super exotics like the bugatti when there are vehicles like the z06 and zr1 that are only a fraction of the cost and a fraction of the "technology," (corvettes still using one big ass cam and 2 valves per cylinder, don't know about zr1...) I guess what I am saying is that I am more impressed that Chevrolet can build a car for 75,000 than can perform like the zo6 does, a lot more than I am impressed by a builder that builds a car for 1.6 million and is not that much faster. (relatively speaking.)

Just had to defend my man hood on that one.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ben
Just so we are clear that we are both real car guys, I realize comparing an f-body to a bugatti is the same (in my mind) to comparing an s5 with a z06. Part of the red-blooded american in me does get a little agitated when people fawn over super exotics like the bugatti when there are vehicles like the z06 and zr1 that are only a fraction of the cost and a fraction of the "technology," (corvettes still using one big ass cam and 2 valves per cylinder, don't know about zr1...) I guess what I am saying is that I am more impressed that Chevrolet can build a car for 75,000 than can perform like the zo6 does, a lot more than I am impressed by a builder that builds a car for 1.6 million and is not that much faster. (relatively speaking.)

Just had to defend my man hood on that one.
Awesome Ben, I couldn't agree more that "we" the US have two models both the Z06 and now the ZR1 that are competitors for several high-end exotics costing much more. And I can't remember the dude on Top Gear, can't stand him, some brit but he's always dogging the GM products, he actually conceded finally, although he knocked a few things like the bulky shifting, minor things. Bottom line is the Z06 came in 3rd or 4th on some crazy proving grounds overseas compared against several top-end exotics.

lol...here he is...lmao@ "the interior being behind european times"... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L729e...eature=related

Last edited by SASQUATCH; 11-05-2008 at 01:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Poll - 4-dr JK Rubi or C6 Vette or C6Z06 Vette