Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: Which of the Three for my Wife
4-dr JK Rubicon
40.68%
C6 Corvette
4.24%
C6 Z06 Corvette
55.08%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Poll - 4-dr JK Rubi or C6 Vette or C6Z06 Vette

Old 11-04-2008, 08:58 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the C6 and spend the extra money saved from not buying the C6Z06 on your JK.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Ben
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sasquatch, what a great deal on that z06. But don't forget that the "regular" vette is still a crazy performance machine. Those are good prices on both of those vettes. You should have posted the prices in the poll, it would have swayed my opinion. Good price on the zo6 vs. new, especially with the low miles, but great price on the "regular" also. Did you say it had the z51 suspension? If it did it would be a hard toss up if money was available for both vehicles.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Brad2893
Man, that's a smoking deal for the Z06. Go for it!
it's a pretty good deal, there are even better deals out there, the C6 is the best deal I've found so far

Originally Posted by Rubidon
I'm not a Corvette guy, nice cars but not for me........I'd go with the Rubi
Know what you mean, I've never been a Corvette guy, ever, they were always just ok to me, until the C6 when I thought they nailed the body style finally...

Originally Posted by N2rock
I already see where this is going... Sasquatch wants the Vette (or Camaro) for his daily driver, and his JK for weekend playing. You don't have me fooled one bit buddy But I won't tell your wife!
you're just now figuring that out Steve? she busted me on that one like the first minute or so

Originally Posted by jcmrubicon
They run awesome and that ZR1 what a car, but join the crowd. Everyone has one, thats coming from a guy thats owned four of them! No more for me, will maybe that new ZR1. Still love um!
That's awesome you had four, sheesh! Ditch their pansy supercharged on that forged LS9 6.2L setup and drop in a nice turbo , what a beast.

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Get the C6 and spend the extra money saved from not buying the C6Z06 on your JK.
Thought about that, but then it's all about me , I get a C6, then I have money for my Rubi, and she's just driving it........see how that'd make me look?

Originally Posted by Ben
sasquatch, what a great deal on that z06. But don't forget that the "regular" vette is still a crazy performance machine. Those are good prices on both of those vettes. You should have posted the prices in the poll, it would have swayed my opinion. Good price on the zo6 vs. new, especially with the low miles, but great price on the "regular" also. Did you say it had the z51 suspension? If it did it would be a hard toss up if money was available for both vehicles.
Couldn't agree more, the C6 I drove of my buddies Sat evening was incredible, all he had done was a Corsa catback, dual stainless tipped outlet not the typical four...it looked and sounded incredible. But sheesh I'd have to worry about door dings, curbs, jealous key scratchers, bad parkers, hillybilly kids that never saw a Corvette and think it's a slide...things like that
Old 11-04-2008, 10:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have an 07 Victory Red coupe ,Automatic 2 LT , My wife does not drive it too often but she loves it .My wife would not like the Z06 because they only come with manual transmission .So we got the Coupe .
Old 11-04-2008, 10:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Candlemuse
I have an 07 Victory Red coupe ,Automatic 2 LT , My wife does not drive it too often but she loves it .My wife would not like the Z06 because they only come with manual transmission .So we got the Coupe .
Sweet, that's an awesome color, I love the DSOM and my wife would definitely prefer the manual, yet she wants an auto for the JK for doing the trails more easily, she hates doing the clutch BS
Old 11-04-2008, 11:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jerseyjk08
I didn't mean to vote for the c6. I wanted to vote for the zo6 if anything. THe extra jeep could come in handy if you need some spare parts but the z06 looks like soo much fun. Although for $59k I'd look at a new Audi S5.

the Audi is ok, looks like a Camry , no comparison to a Z06, not even close actually.

Now the Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG... 612bkhp @738lb-ft ...wowsers and damn sexy to boot

But none of the above fall in with the 2008 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Pur Sang Edition, and a mere $1.5m the payments would only be $25,500 p/month with great credit and 60 months
Old 11-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Ben
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jerseyjk08
I didn't mean to vote for the c6. I wanted to vote for the zo6 if anything. THe extra jeep could come in handy if you need some spare parts but the z06 looks like soo much fun. Although for $59k I'd look at a new Audi S5.
An S5? rly? Who cross buys a zo6 and an s5? And as to the Bugatti, I am not impressed. We have built 4th generation f-bodies that would run mid 10's in the quarter with maybe 10k invested in the drivetrain. Of course they don't do all the things that the bugatti could, but give me another 50 grand and I bet it could, and still save me about 1.57 million to buy about 50 more just like it.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ben
An S5? rly? Who cross buys a zo6 and an s5? And as to the Bugatti, I am not impressed. We have built 4th generation f-bodies that would run mid 10's in the quarter with maybe 10k invested in the drivetrain. Of course they don't do all the things that the bugatti could, but give me another 50 grand and I bet it could, and still save me about 1.57 million to buy about 50 more just like it.
Oh now Ben , I agree with building a drag car fbody to run against a Bugatti but, I built my 4th gen fbody to run 10s all motor ...AND it was just a measely LT1...not the almighty LSxx . But the Bugatti and a 4th gen fbody running in a 1/4 mi Vs. running anywhere else are two different animals , you know that

Now if you want to compare apples and apples...a turbo-charged Vespa Vs a Bugatti would be ideal
Old 11-04-2008, 11:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by LilBuddy
Ok, the WIFE is finally chiming in!!

Steve - you hit the nail right on the head. Brett just wants to have both

Background...yes, I used to be in love with vettes and wanted one so bad, then I met Brett and fell in love with Jeeps as well. The JK came out in the 4-door version and I knew exactly what I wanted The only thing I waiver on is the color choice.

With all that said, the only issue we have now is paying for me to have my toy too!! And honestly, if we stopped going out for $25 lunch everyday, we could easily pay for the thing, plus have cash left over to pay for mods
LilBuddy ---><--- SAS...if I buy her a JK

---> SAS trying to convince LilBuddy we need a vette

---> LilBuddy ....not listening to a word I say as I'm trying to convince her on the vette

Last edited by SASQUATCH; 11-04-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by LilBuddy
By the way....Sasquatch doesn't need to buy me a JK.

I can buy my own, he'll just have to get used to making his lunch everyday

Last edited by SASQUATCH; 11-04-2008 at 12:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Poll - 4-dr JK Rubi or C6 Vette or C6Z06 Vette