Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Please be careful. It looks painful.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default glad ur ok

Im sorry to see that happened to u but that you for posting this , we all need to be reminded of the dangers involved while doing our own work. Im glad u survived this, best of luck to u on ur recovery bro.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:21 AM
JK Jedi

Wow, looks painful.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

marks08jk,

If I read this right, that is NOT you correct? I ask because I saw the tattoo (Gallagher) along with your first name... Mark and location, New Iberia; and wanted to make sure you weren't one of my fraternity brothers from USL.

Of course, had it been the Mark Gallagher I knew he would have just gnawed his chest off, finished the install, & drove himself to the hospital.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank God you're okay! This is one reason why I didn't become a mechanic. I saw too many crazy injuries; cars falling off lifts, tire machines exploding tires, springs launched into someone's eye sockets, guy down my street was crushed by his truck, etc. Too much carnage! No thanks. I'd rather have a comfy office job.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:50 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by N2rock
ouch!

I always set the tires under the frame behind the jack stands. That way if a jackstand does kick out, the rig will fall down on the tire instead of coming all the way down.
Great tip!
Old 01-13-2009, 08:51 AM
JK Junkie

That looks like it would hurt, and be one expensive and painfull suspension lift. Not sure, but wouldn't the Jeep be more stable if you only had one end on jack stands at a time? Not too familiar with all the safety precautions with them so thought I would ask before I used them.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:51 AM
JK Freak

Get well soon friend. On the up side thats usually the part of your back that starts to hurt daily in your 40's.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:07 AM
JK Freak

ouch........ I guess I should count my blessings. I have done several lifts on my own in a garage with jack stands and never though something like this could happen when using safety equipment. Glad to hear he will be ok eventually, definately makes me think twice about working alone anymore....

Quick Reply: Please be careful. It looks painful.