Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Plasti Kote?

Old 06-08-2011, 10:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plasti Kote?

I got caught topless this weekend in a huge rain storm which left some puddles in my Jeep. I've been wanting to bedline my Jeep for the longest time so this gave me the perfect reason to do so. The only problem is that I'm living overseas and there are no places to get herculiner, rhino liner, line x, or duplicolor. I went to the car care center on base and in their huge catalog, the only thing I could find that may do the trick is a product called "Plasti Kote". My question is: Has anyone come across this product or used it before? I would like feedback, good or bad before I make my decision. I ran a search and saw a few happy customers with TJs but no one has raved about it for the JK yet. Thanks for any input.

-Lars
Old 06-08-2011, 10:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Only time I've seen it was on a friends Tacoma. He did the grill and doorhandles but not the floor. It didn't look very good but it seemed to be holding up. I'm also curious what people have to say about this stuff.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey, thanks for the input ChopN. Anyone have any experience with this stuff??
Old 02-21-2012, 01:46 PM
JK Freak

Bump. this is the only brand ive found with a white spray on option. anyone used this stuff?
Old 02-21-2012, 01:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used it to complete the interior of my YJ restoration, was not able to get it in spray cans, only 1 gallon can. I brushed it on and it has a lot of little rubber grains in it, not a smooth finish but did what i wanted it to do. I will try in the next day or so to get pictures. the can says it can be sprayed and i'm sure that would have given a much better finish.
I would go for it, you have nothing to loose. Good Luck.

Quick Reply: Plasti Kote?