Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Pics please for 18x9 and 20x10 Rockstar rims . Can't make up my mind.

Old 10-02-2011, 07:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics please for 18x9 and 20x10 Rockstar rims . Can't make up my mind.

I cannot make up my mind here. I have seen the threads here but they are for serious off-roader versions with massive tires. This is not happening.

This is my wife's supermarket Jeep...so I do not want massive tires...I just want it to look non-stock.

I also do not want to have the tires sticking out.

ANYONE HAVE THE 18x9's on STOCK TIRES?

Or nice 20's on not very aggressive tires?

Thanks to all...

Steve
Old 10-02-2011, 11:40 AM
JK Newbie

if you dont want a non stock jeep then dont waste it on overpriced tires for 18" and 20" wheels. Going above 18"'s then your jeep starts lookin ghetto. Go with 16" or 17" wheels then you have plenty of other money to spend on other mods such as aftermarket bumpers, fenders, rails, or lighting.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Id go with 18s....better ride quality with more sidewall. 20s loook funny on a truck without much larger tires.

Still don't understand the appeal of these wheels though...I seriously see 4 or 5 trucks with them everyday. They look a bit jersey shorish and the people I see driving them do too. (Fake tans, UFC shirts, fashion tattoos.)
Old 10-02-2011, 02:29 PM
JK Newbie

Default Hmmm

Well my 2012 Sahara has 18's on it now which is why I thought 18's. They are the exact same rim as my 2010 Sahara which is why I want to change them. I live in Ottawa and I've never seen them here. Snooky never visits.

So any 18's here with those stock tires? Or a reasonable tire that does not look ghetto?
Old 10-02-2011, 04:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you like them, then get them. who cares what a few anonymous people on the internet think.

if you want "not so aggressive" tires, check out the goodyear wrangler gs-a (stock on the sport s package) for 20" wheels. quadratec has them for relatively cheap. these are not the tires for off road use, but i have been pleasantly surprised with their on-road manners. then again, i had very low expectations for them. the rule seems to be that the bigger the wheel, the more expensive the tire. this might play a role in your tire and wheel size decision.

go to the member's show and tell forum and do a search for 20" wheels and 18" wheels. see what you think looks best.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default 18s

I would go with the 18s and use the tires you have on your stock rims now. why pay for a similar tire that is the same size, Plus, I think the 18s will look better and offer a better ride
Old 10-02-2011, 04:16 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shulaj
I cannot make up my mind here. I have seen the threads here but they are for serious off-roader versions with massive tires. This is not happening.

This is my wife's supermarket Jeep...so I do not want massive tires...I just want it to look non-stock.

I also do not want to have the tires sticking out.

ANYONE HAVE THE 18x9's on STOCK TIRES?

Or nice 20's on not very aggressive tires?

Thanks to all...

Steve
Boy you seem to care alot about your "wife's" jeep.... * wink wink*
First be honest admit it..... it's yours!!!! Lol

Anyway if you still want it to look like a jeep and you ain't doing too many other mods stay away from 20's cause unless your really going to beef up the JK 20's don't suit it. I agree stay with 18's or move down to 17's. Lots of tire pics on www.offroaders.com with reviews.
Good luck with your JK... I mean your wife's.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:31 AM
JK Newbie

Default haha

Robsjeep,

NOTE: Anyone know if these two are 18's or 20's? http://www.*********.com/forum/f15/a...41/index6.html

HAHA Wifes Jeep. OK OK You got me. But seriously...
I have a 2010 Silver Unlimited which we traded in an Infinity FX35 to buy...and the ride is SOOOO BUMPY on that Damn Friggen Jeep and the noise of crap bouncing and squeaking that I decided to buy another. HAHA. It does have an 18 rating on Consumers Reports...so coming from a 90 you'd think we'd hate it. But it's what we expected and more. Love it. Getting caught up in this mod thing quickly. She's worried.

I decided to wait for the 2012 before getting another cause the wife doesn't think the 2010/11 has enough power. I will likely keep the 2010 for at least the winter.

So...with this one....I now want it to look different.

Steve

Quick Reply: Pics please for 18x9 and 20x10 Rockstar rims . Can't make up my mind.