Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Pickup Conversion For Unlimited

Old 04-20-2008, 01:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Pickup Conversion For Unlimited

I'm sure everyone has seen the prototype JT pickup derived from the Unlimited. It would be nice if a truck conversion package was offered aftermarket or by Jeep. It could be done by changing the two rear doors to 1/2 doors, having a slip-in bedliner that went up to the front seats, and a short hardtop.Of course a top conversion wouldn't be nesessary if you used it temporarily on the weekend,say, and then converted it back for normal driving during the week. It would make a nice accessory package, two 1/2 doors, a tub liner, and a 1/2 top. Somebody make this!!!!!
Old 04-20-2008, 01:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So basically make it a Bronco.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:10 PM
JK Junkie

call it what you like, you don't have to wave....
Old 04-20-2008, 02:43 PM
JK Freak

I think the problem w/ your idea is the roll/sport bar. It would be hard to fabticate and install a slip in bedliner around all the supports. Unless it was just a rectangular box that didnt go over the sides or doors. As far as the hard top are you thinking open back or completely enclosed. Open could be accomplished w/ a bikini or just freedom panels. Closed back would be hard to seal properly due to the roll/soprt bar.

Just my .02 but I still like the idea.
Old 04-20-2008, 03:57 PM
JK Super Freak

They could Re-make the the Scrambler.
That would be cool.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TINMAN080
I'm sure everyone has seen the prototype JT pickup derived from the Unlimited. It would be nice if a truck conversion package was offered aftermarket or by Jeep. It could be done by changing the two rear doors to 1/2 doors, having a slip-in bedliner that went up to the front seats, and a short hardtop.Of course a top conversion wouldn't be nesessary if you used it temporarily on the weekend,say, and then converted it back for normal driving during the week. It would make a nice accessory package, two 1/2 doors, a tub liner, and a 1/2 top. Somebody make this!!!!!
You mean like this?

Of course these are only for 97 - 06 Jeeps right now. But I'm sure AEV will develop one for the JK or JK Unlimited. It's $9000 but hey, it does everything you wanted.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:58 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Black08X
You mean like this?

Of course these are only for 97 - 06 Jeeps right now. But I'm sure AEV will develop one for the JK or JK Unlimited. It's $9000 but hey, it does everything you wanted.
I shouldn't have mentioned a top, I would like a slide-in bed liner for hauling mulch etc. or hauling small loads. The 1/2 doors would facilitate sliding the liner in, and side acess also. Not anything permanent.

Quick Reply: Pickup Conversion For Unlimited