Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Pic Request: '12 JK 2 DR HALF DOOR

Old 09-17-2011, 07:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aha. Based on the jeep.com online "build my own" -

- Half metal doors are showing up as an option on the Wrangler Sport *S* package and above, but not Wrangler Sport

However

- Half metal doors are showing up as an option for Wrangler Unlimited SPORT but not on Wrangler Unlimited Sport *S*

WTF Jeep? I presume this is because on the Unlimited, the "S" Package comes with power door locks and windows. But it makes sense to me that those of us interested in the base sport would also be interested in half doors!
Old 09-17-2011, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flot
Aha. Based on the jeep.com online "build my own" -

- Half metal doors are showing up as an option on the Wrangler Sport *S* package and above, but not Wrangler Sport

However

- Half metal doors are showing up as an option for Wrangler Unlimited SPORT but not on Wrangler Unlimited Sport *S*

WTF Jeep? I presume this is because on the Unlimited, the "S" Package comes with power door locks and windows. But it makes sense to me that those of us interested in the base sport would also be interested in half doors!
You are correct on both configurations above - they are available. Get them now with the order, then trade down the road if you don't like them (but I'll bet you don't want to!)
Old 09-17-2011, 04:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cbcwrangler
You are correct on both configurations above - they are available. Get them now with the order, then trade down the road if you don't like them (but I'll bet you don't want to!)
Problem is, I want a wrangler sport. I'm not interested in the rest of the sport "s" package... And as far as I can tell, theres no real demand to trade full for half doors. (not to mention getting color right, etc)

I am wondering if jeep ever "rethinks" these package dependencies, or if I will be SOL.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:03 PM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up Got my 2012 Rubicon ordered today!

Ended up getting a nice trade-in for my '06 TJ Rubicon and also test-drove a 2012 6-speed 2-door today. The test drive sealed the deal for me (as did the respectable trade-in offer from the dealer). Got it for 1% below invoice with my TL membership, that affiliates program is really a pretty good gig. Cosmos blue, 2-door Rubicon with 6-speed, trailer tow package and HALF DOORS (of course soft top with deep tint windows).
Old 09-19-2011, 03:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepApex
There's been times when I've been off-roading and I thought how nice it would be to have the half doors for better vision out the sides. Since the half doors are lower than the full doors I'd be able to hang my head out the side a little better to get a closer look should the need arise.

But then again, tube doors or doorless would offer then same benefits.
Your thought is spot on regarding 1/2 door vs full doors. Our 08 is a 1/2 door and I purposely wanted the full doors on the 12 (I guess to see how the other half lives)?

We took the 12 on a light wheeling trip Sat and I'll tell you what, the full doors SUCK on the trail. I am so used to hanging my head fully out of the 1/2 door watching the wheel and line it's like having to learn things all over again to some extent! I don't have any remorse over the decision on full doors for the 12 however (carrying the giant window tops around on nice days where it might rain sucks also).

I scored a set of ORF Rock Tubes we switch back and forth on the 08 with so, I guess the 12 will "borrow" them from the 08 for next summer

Old 09-21-2011, 04:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

ndrugby's rubi

Edit....can't pull it from another site.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cbcwrangler
Half-doors are orderable as a no cost option on '12 Sport and Rubicon. Order code: GCH - there are certain restrictions (cannot order with S package on JKU). Any dealer that says "they are not available" is clueless or dishonest.
I'm having difficulty convincing my dealer Half Metal Doors can be ordered on a 4 door Rubicon from the factory! Any examples of a build sheet would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok guys don't laugh too hard. Here is my '12 with half doors. These are off of my '08 Red Rock. Was testing the fit and making final adjustments before I get them repainted in Tan. If they had been black I would have been OK with that but the red has to go. For the interior trim panels, I haven't found anything that matches the new interior style. Interior Trim part number 8221639 listed in the '12 Accessories Catalog looks like the original trim from 07-10 from what I've found searching the web.

Quick Reply: Pic Request: '12 JK 2 DR HALF DOOR