Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Parts needed for spare rear axles?

Old 09-08-2008, 07:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts needed for spare rear axles?

Hey all,

I had some superior axles installed in the back of my '07 Rubi Unlimited. The shop that did it stripped off the bearing/seal/abs tone ring off the old axles. I would like to carry them as spares when I'm out in the bush. What parts will I need to source to have the axles ready to drop in?

Bearing
Seal
Abs tone ring (or is this interchangeable off the superiors)
Any other bits that can be used from the axles in the truck now

Part numbers would be helpful if someone has them handy.

Thanks for the help folks
Old 09-08-2008, 08:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, I haven't been able to source an abs tone ring from any online sources, nor is it in the parts manual. Is the tone ring easily removed from a broken axle in the field with normal tools (ie. not bearing pullers or splitters and such).

Thanks for any input
Old 09-08-2008, 02:57 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Billnsandi
Also, I haven't been able to source an abs tone ring from any online sources, nor is it in the parts manual. Is the tone ring easily removed from a broken axle in the field with normal tools (ie. not bearing pullers or splitters and such).

Thanks for any input
To my understanding the bearing and all has to come off to get to the tone ring. I've been trying to find a source for these for a while. I may be onto something and will let you know when I'm sure of it.

Quick Reply: Parts needed for spare rear axles?