Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

paranoid or something wrong

Old 11-24-2012, 07:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The hissing I wouldn't worry about. That might just the intake making a little noise. As for the shifting, my 2010 shifts like dogshit in the sand so that might be a normal issue. I'm going to be installing a trans cooler soon.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've never paid much attention to my rpm's, but when it's not up to operating temp it holds a gear for quite a while. I'm kinda used to it, because the WK uses the same trans.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeremy072288
The hissing I wouldn't worry about. That might just the intake making a little noise. As for the shifting, my 2010 shifts like dogshit in the sand so that might be a normal issue. I'm going to be installing a trans cooler soon.
The shifting is happening on the highway out on the trail I don't get going fast enough I think I'm going to say the shifting is the tires and just let off the gas and deal with it (crossing fingers that this is it) and I'm also hoping the hissing is air filter and I put it in wrong
Old 11-24-2012, 08:56 PM
JK Freak

Lol we can check tomorow at school, lol of u installed it wrong I'm so taking a picture for this thread. Out of love of course
Old 11-24-2012, 09:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nevesjk06
Lol we can check tomorow at school, lol of u installed it wrong I'm so taking a picture for this thread. Out of love of course
I hope u get another dent tomorrow
Old 11-24-2012, 09:36 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by EGalv55

I hope u get another dent tomorrow
I meant Monday. But yeah I'm sure I will
Old 11-25-2012, 08:10 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Grimmjpr
Your running 35's did you re program the ECU with a procal or something equal so the trans knows what its doing? Did you notice the issues after going to the bigger tires or has it just started acting weird??
Originally Posted by echoshotz
I also get the shifting issue, but it only really happens when I really get on the pedal. I think thats just something that comes in use more when offroading. The hissing sound however is beyond me.
Originally Posted by EGalv55
will a procal void my warranty? thats what has had me worried about the procal. and i recently checked the air filter it was dirty and i need to get a new one so i probably put it in loose or something cuz im dumb and know very minimal about cars haha.
Originally Posted by Jeremy072288
I noticed nobody on here told us to check ur vacum lines.... The hissing sounds like that.... As for procal and whatever else I've never heard of it.... I got 35s on my 2010 JKU Rubicon and had 37s on my old 2010 JKU Sahara and didn't have any shifting problems on either of them.... If ur hearing "hissing" and ur not shifting ur then it's gonna be a vacum line somewhere that's not connected that is causing ur problem...... So check all the lines going to and from ur intake manifold and on the trans.... Good luck!

HAPPY JEEPIN EVERYONE!
Old 11-25-2012, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

AEV Procal:
ProCal Module - Electronics - Shop By Category
Old 11-25-2012, 10:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mopar2Ya
Will it void my warranty?
Old 11-25-2012, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil

I noticed nobody on here told us to check ur vacum lines.... The hissing sounds like that.... As for procal and whatever else I've never heard of it.... I got 35s on my 2010 JKU Rubicon and had 37s on my old 2010 JKU Sahara and didn't have any shifting problems on either of them.... If ur hearing "hissing" and ur not shifting ur then it's gonna be a vacum line somewhere that's not connected that is causing ur problem...... So check all the lines going to and from ur intake manifold and on the trans.... Good luck!

HAPPY JEEPIN EVERYONE!
Thank you ill check this out and I dropped off a big rock maybe it loosened something

Quick Reply: paranoid or something wrong