Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Paint idea - Flat Black (matte)

Old 10-21-2008, 08:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb Paint idea - Flat Black (matte)

There's a flat black matte finish Avalanche 4x4 - big lift, big tires, and black rims - that sits in our visitor spots at our office sometimes. Think it's a contractor's truck.

Anyway, it looks so sinister. I would LOVE to paint the 4d JK with that. With the hard top and black rims.

Anyway, I couldn't find a pic of one on google, but here's a low-rider version to give you an idea of the finish:

Would suit a Jeep so much better!

Food for thought....

/me begins saving his change in a big pickle jar!!!!
Old 10-21-2008, 08:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a pic on here somewhere where somebody had done that, I think it was in the show and tell
Old 10-21-2008, 09:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lc619fr
There's a pic on here somewhere where somebody had done that, I think it was in the show and tell
Saw the Army Green on on 40's.....and the black one that was just body. Did I miss something in my search? Would love to see a full matte finish black JK.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:05 PM
JK Super Freak

the tony hawk jk is flat black, there was a thread about this a while back, it had and od geen 4 door that looked pretty good too, ill see if i can find the pics

here we go
http://www.project-jk.com/wp-gallery...2_itemId=38654
Old 10-22-2008, 02:10 AM
JK Jedi

I think it is cool to, and if I were ever going to repaint my JK is would be something like that.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:20 AM
JK Freak

I want to go with flat black all over. Just waiting to get some excess cash, rite now i have some other important mods to do. but ive always wanted to paint my jk flat black from even before i got it.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:14 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by JK-Q8
I want to go with flat black all over. Just waiting to get some excess cash, rite now i have some other important mods to do. but ive always wanted to paint my jk flat black from even before i got it.
A black vehicle in Kuwait Doesn't it get a little warm there?

I remember my buddy telling me how much he hated his black car after moving from Ohio to Tucson, Arizona.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:02 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
A black vehicle in Kuwait Doesn't it get a little warm there?

I remember my buddy telling me how much he hated his black car after moving from Ohio to Tucson, Arizona.
Oh believe me it does get very hot, but my jeep is already black and i wouldn't choose another color even if i had a chance. I love it in black. Plus it extremely hot even in a white colored car so a few more degrees i can handle hehe.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I’ve always thought that they should offer matte paint from the factory on Wranglers. I would have even paid more to get matte black or even the sand color they use on HMMWV’s in the dessert. Not only does it look awesome it doesn’t show miner damage and scratches as well. - KY
Old 10-22-2008, 03:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Flat Black would be a great color for a Jeep.

I bought my Harley because it was black denim. I have a buddy with a S2000 that is flat black realy slick.

Quick Reply: Paint idea - Flat Black (matte)