Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Overkill Engineering Bumpers

Old 03-24-2012, 07:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overkill Engineering Bumpers

anyone have any bumper from overkill engineering? ive seen their bumpers online and im dead set on getting the Grump Xtreme Bumper but the prices seem outrageous (1300)
Old 03-24-2012, 07:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't know anything about these bumpers that'll help your thread other than they are damn scary looking. i pity the fool who gets rear-ended by a Jeep with one of these.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ntropy
I don't know anything about these bumpers that'll help your thread other than they are damn scary looking. i pity the fool who gets rear-ended by a Jeep with one of these.
yea i hear ya, theyre pretty badass looking
Old 03-25-2012, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

If it's the guy from Virginia stay away. Nothing but bad news.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey silver bolt, mind elaborating???

Bad experience, lead times, not worth the cash??? Happened to you, a friend, friend of a friend???

Their shit is definitely really expensive, like AEV expensive. This isn't another bracket thread either, lol
Old 03-25-2012, 07:19 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SilverBolt
If it's the guy from Virginia stay away. Nothing but bad news.
why whats up,
Old 03-26-2012, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

If it is the guy from Virginia I order a rear bumper for my Tacoma. At the time of order he quoted a 10-12 week lead time. No problem. You pay in advance, again no problem. After 6 months the bumper arrived. It was the biggest POS I have seen. The welds were absolute crap. He used a stick welder but didn't bother cleaning the slag between passes or before powder coating. The mounts were off by 1.5", the bumper was supposed to wrap around the sides however it was 2.0" too narrow to clear the width of the truck. The mounting brackets were 3/8" thick but were butt welded to a piece that was 1/8" thick to extend the length. The recovery points were 1/2" thick but were welded to the face of the bumper that is only 1/8" thick. I wanted to mount PIAA 510 lights which are 4" in diameter so I sent him the PIAA CAD drawings of the light dimensions. He cut in hole 6" in diameter. Those are the highlights. I ended up having to file a lawsuit to get my money back. Start to finish it took almost two years from when I ordered to when I got a refund. The company name he used was Overkill Engineering. I don't remember the guys name but would recognize it if I saw it.

He used to sell a lot on ebay. If it's the same guy, buyer beware.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:25 AM
JK Newbie

Last fall I wanted to contact them to so see if I could pick up a pair of their corner crushers. At the time, their website was "under construction" and their number was no longer in service. I called two of their third parties and they both said Overkill for some reason no longer supplied them parts. I then surfed the web and found out the company owners went their seprate ways. Everywhere I looked said to use caution when ordering because their never delivered on promised dates. Some just got tired of waiting months and cancelled their order. Maybe now they have new management? I still hope to get my hands on their corner crushers.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilverBolt
If it is the guy from Virginia I order a rear bumper for my Tacoma. At the time of order he quoted a 10-12 week lead time. No problem. You pay in advance, again no problem. After 6 months the bumper arrived. It was the biggest POS I have seen. The welds were absolute crap. He used a stick welder but didn't bother cleaning the slag between passes or before powder coating. The mounts were off by 1.5", the bumper was supposed to wrap around the sides however it was 2.0" too narrow to clear the width of the truck. The mounting brackets were 3/8" thick but were butt welded to a piece that was 1/8" thick to extend the length. The recovery points were 1/2" thick but were welded to the face of the bumper that is only 1/8" thick. I wanted to mount PIAA 510 lights which are 4" in diameter so I sent him the PIAA CAD drawings of the light dimensions. He cut in hole 6" in diameter. Those are the highlights. I ended up having to file a lawsuit to get my money back. Start to finish it took almost two years from when I ordered to when I got a refund. The company name he used was Overkill Engineering. I don't remember the guys name but would recognize it if I saw it.

He used to sell a lot on ebay. If it's the same guy, buyer beware.
Thanks for the tip bud, kudos to you for taking the time to get your cash back. As if you were supposed to accept that as a bumper for your jeep.

What a low life, some peoples kids. Thanks again
Old 03-26-2012, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

If it is the same place it's a one man show run out of his garage as a side line. He has a another company do any stamping or bending and he does the assembly. I think the guys name is Anthony Padget. Not 100% on the name but that just popped into my head.

Quick Reply: Overkill Engineering Bumpers