Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Our Jeep will be on SPEED TV's Dangerous Drives - March 24th

Old 03-24-2010, 07:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was hoping when they came to the "wall" about 10 minutes in that the rest was going to be more of that...unfortunately it was like everyone said. After 15 minutes it was all snow driving which was boring... Plus since they were "running out" of gas, they didn't even romp on the hemi that much in the last half... Oh well
Old 03-24-2010, 07:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got it set up for dvr at 10pm
Old 03-24-2010, 08:00 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gonegoannas
Yep they used some footage shot by WOL and WOLETTE
Did you have Moss Wash flash backs driving on the edge of the cliff in the snow? Still one of my favorite trips of the year...oh yeah the year just began well you know what I mean!
Old 03-24-2010, 08:28 PM
JK Freak

Hahaha I think we had many of the same conversations. Really brought back how great that trip was. Cool seeing moby dick on the big screen. I actually enjoyed the show for what it was.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Ok that was decent. Would have been nice to know what "parts" they were actually testing. And the Land Rover dude drove me crazy with his "worst case is death" talk. Of course that's the worse case, including when I am walking down the street. Death can strike!
Old 03-25-2010, 03:10 AM
JK Freak

Whats a brute conversion cost anyways? I want one
Old 03-25-2010, 03:33 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

DAMMIT!

I missed it.

is it on youtube or anything???

i had it written down and it totally slipped my mind until i looked at my calander.

well double damn, i just realized i dont get the speed channel. I was thinking i did, I'll have to wait to view it online at home (Hulu is blocked here at work)

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 03-25-2010 at 03:40 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:43 AM
JK Jedi Master

The show I watched was more about AEV than anything else. Moby Dick was mostly in the beginning credits/lead in, of the show, but showed a good shot of the Project-JK windshield banner.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:44 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I DVR'd it - if I have time once I get back from Moab, I'll dump it to my PC.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just dig it that the Rover had to fall back! LMAO!
Originally Posted by Widewing
One challenging obstacle, where the Disco needed to be winched, but the JKs apparently just motored right up it. Seriously, a stock Rubicon could have run that route.
What exactly is your point? That was a 95 Land Rover, it had about 150hp (when it was new, who knows now), and has very few mods. All those JK's were modded, and had much bigger tires. Yeah, "the wall" wouldn't be a big deal if it was dry, but with the snow, it was harder. I think the Brute was the only thing that made it, and everything else winched off it?

Anyway, most of my thoughts on the show were the same. It was too Man vs. Wild and not enough Survivor Man. And way too much "We're all gonna die!"

"There's two ways to die in the desert: You could die of thirst, or you could drown. Or you could fall off a cliff. Or get hit by a winch cable. You could probably freeze to death too. I guess that's 5 ways."

I was trying to see where the cliff was that they were going to fall off of when they were at "the wall". I could see a cliff going UP on the left side of the trail, and the cameraman was standing like 50 feet to the right of "the wall". So, unless he was in a helicopter, where was the cliff? Anybody who's been there know?

Also, was any part of that shelf road narrower than 12 feet?

Last edited by R_Lefebvre; 03-25-2010 at 05:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Our Jeep will be on SPEED TV's Dangerous Drives - March 24th