Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Other driver say the silliest things when you're topless...

Old 07-13-2011, 12:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
My Spinal Tap reference comment seems to have gone over someone's head.....now I'm feeling really old. I thought that reference would never go out of style
So I was going to reply to your initial post, then I saw this. Sorry for being so late. I got lost trying to find the stage...

"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year. It's just not really widely reported."
Old 07-13-2011, 07:45 AM
JK Junkie

[QUOTE=skisailbike;2400545]
My Spinal Tap reference comment seems to have gone over someone's head.....now I'm feeling really old. I thought that reference would never go out of style

I almost posted when I saw that reply. And, no, the awesomeness of "This one goes to 11" will never fade!
Playstation has a commercial where they make reference to turning it up to 11. I had to explain to my kids why that was so funny when I first heard it. So off to Youtube to show them the clip. My oldest got it, but the younger two still don't get it.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:00 AM
JK Newbie

Default Love that!

Originally Posted by BigRedJK
Get a decal that says:

FJ = FAKE JEEP ------->
I have stickers all over mine already (kind of a sticker nut) and I will fo sho get one like that!
Old 07-13-2011, 08:08 AM
JK Newbie

"How quick can you get the doors on if it rains?" - its ok its a Jeep

Young kid pulled up to me and asked "With no doors, what is to stop me from just taking what I want while your in it?" - Me: "Smith M&P with 3 clips! What is to stop me from slapping you?"

"Do you get sweaty on your way to work?" - "I work from home."
Old 07-13-2011, 08:30 AM
JK Freak

A few weeks ago I was driving a friend from work around cause he has never driven topless/doorless in a Jeep and we came to a stop sign where there was a lady in an SUV in the right hand turn lane. She backed up a few feet and we both looked over at her with a weird look, she rolled the window down and said,

"I couldn't see what was comin' because you were in the way, then I realized you didn't have doors so I backed up to look through your backseat to see if I could go or not"

She gave a smile and thumbsup and went on her way.

Few days later while on the way to a baseball game with my dad, two guys in a lifted up Chevy truck said to us as we pulled up beside them,

"Nice F**king Jeep man!"

You never really know what people are going to say...
Old 07-13-2011, 08:32 AM
JK Super Freak

I got it immediately
Old 07-13-2011, 02:33 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mhaines

Ask him which mutant turtle he is.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2366496484.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	181637  
Old 07-14-2011, 04:53 AM
JK Super Freak

so, not a topless question, but silly nonetheless.

Yesterday on the way home, in the downpour (with no doors) a lady rolls up to me and asks about the sticker on my rear doors.

The question "So, is that just a sticker or do you really have ejection seats?"

I really had to stop for a second and just replied "No, just a sticker, I can't afford to lose any more doors." She gave me a nice toofless smile and went on her way.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:52 AM
JK Super Freak

I talked my family into taking the Jeep to Florida in a few weeks, 7 hour drive, with my new trailer I had to buy for the trip, by promising my kids that we would take the top and doors off when we are down there.

My 3 1/2 year old keeps demanding, the way 3 1/2 year olds do, to take my top and doors off all the time, I've been telling him I will, but it is too hot. It's been a weird summer so far her in Memphis, went from monsoon rains, to 100 degree temps with heat index of 110+ with 80%+ humidity. Makes it hard to go to work in a dress shirt and pants when it is that hot.

Anyway, I've had some comments, from here at the office, "See you took your doors off"......Yep. Same guy, "See you put your doors back on.." Some comments about the top too, he is an older guy, probably in his 70's, and he just has a grin on his face when he says it, I think he gets it.

The most priceless is not the comments, but the looks. I did have a family in a minivan that the kids faces were plastered against the door glass staring at my kids, my kids just grin and wave. The dad had to wipe the drool off his chin and probably had to think about his manhood afterwards!
Old 07-14-2011, 07:02 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by pitboss
Young kid pulled up to me and asked "With no doors, what is to stop me from just taking what I want while your in it?" - Me: "Smith M&P with 3 clips! What is to stop me from slapping you?"

It's a magazine!

Quick Reply: Other driver say the silliest things when you're topless...