Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

ORH Top?

Old 09-10-2010, 11:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ORH Top?

I've read great things about them and the top looks really good. However I've also read that people order them and don't get them for months. On the same token I'm reading that people are receiving them and loving them.

So- whats the story? I want to get their top but refuse to wait for more than a couple weeks to get it.

Public Notice from the Administrator:
WARNING: BUYER BEWARE
The manufacturer of this product is believed to be a Canadian based company called Californiatops. This conclusion was determined by doing research online and by what the author of this post eventually stated in his post here.

Californiatops is a company that has a long history of questionable business practices and they have been banned from eBay and PayPal. This has been documented by the Ripoff Report and can be verified by doing a simple Google search or a search on forums such as JeepsUnlimited.com and RubiconOwners.com. More recently, a member here had purchased a thermal liner from this company while they were still going under the name coloradojeepman and his experience with them can be found here.

I have personally tried contacting this company to acquire a phone number and/or physical address for their stated location in Florida just in case the information I had about them was erroneous and my inquiries were met with hostility and my questions went unanswered. Needless to say, it is our opinion that this company has questionable business practices and would advise against purchasing any of their products.

Last edited by wayoflife; 09-11-2010 at 06:58 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:43 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Uh-oh. Search, and you will find what you seek. I give this thread a life expectancy of another couple hours at most (only because it's 4:43 a.m. and a Saturday, so I expect the mod's are all sleeping in). LOL.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ORH Top?

They're made to order and it's a blacklisted company so they have shitty business practices and can't really be mentioned on here since they've been banned. But as for their tops go my friend ordered one and it took about four months to receive, it's extremely well made fits together perfectly and is water tight. He got the SUT version. Either version looks decent and the quality is really good, the material reminds me of bestop but with a little more leathery feel to it. But be warned ahead of time if you do order one, the company has very little contact with you they don't respond to phone calls or emails and you will WAIT for this item to show up. Some have even waited longer than a couple months...
Old 09-11-2010, 04:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read an email to a customer that I can pretty much sum up as:

Stop asking me for your top. I am working my butt off and living under a bridge to get by and on top of that I have all these pestering customers that want their top right after they order.

There is actually a movement to buy/ take if their is no rights to the top by a few people and start a company using his design but I have heard countless stories of 8, 9, 10 months before the top was received if the customers dont cancel their order before that (I know I would) and some even have to contact their credit card company to get their $ back.

Quick Reply: ORH Top?