Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Ordering white rubi unlimited

Old 02-04-2008, 10:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stone White Not Available ????????

Hello all,
I just got word from a dealer that the white is not currently available for order. He doesn't know if it is temporary or if its out for the model year.

Any ideas?????

Last edited by scononie; 02-04-2008 at 10:42 AM. Reason: changed
Old 02-04-2008, 01:07 PM
JK Freak

I'd call another dealer and double check. It was still on the jeep website over the weekend.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:56 PM
JK Super Freak

I wouldn't doubt it. When I was starting to look for a white Rubi last October, I thought I would have to place an order for one, since not many dealers carry white 6-spd Rubis with few options - no MyGig, dual tops, etc. I was trying to keep it in the MSRP range of $31-32k. I was told by 2 dealers that it would take over 8 months to get it made and delivered since DC was not making many white Rubis.

In the end, I realized it was better to get one off the lot and got a yellow Rubi with the options I wanted for invoice! I haven't regretted the decision and I can't even imagine owning a different color Jeep now. I'm very happy with the yellow and very happy with the price I paid.

Good luck trying to find white. Look in different markets for a white Jeep. It may be better for you to find a one-way ticket to a different market, and drive the Jeep back home. Depending on how long it takes you to drive home....I looked in South Florida - I saw a few of them down there and for some reason, there's no real demand for Rubis there - I guess no mountains, no rocks. But they have the Everglades and plenty of mud....

I ended up buying from a great dealer in Wilkesboro, NC. About 2-1/2 hours from my house.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a white 2Dr rubyicon jeep at the dealer near me.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKFirefighter
I'd call another dealer and double check. It was still on the jeep website over the weekend.

+2, someone posted last year that a dealer told them they were not making white in 08, find another dealer.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:27 PM
JK Newbie

Default White Rubi

I factory ordered a white rubicon unlimited mid December 2007 and took delivery of it a couple weeks ago (a little over a month from order to delivery on the west coast) so they are still available.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by H2SNV
I factory ordered a white rubicon unlimited mid December 2007 and took delivery of it a couple weeks ago (a little over a month from order to delivery on the west coast) so they are still available.
It's great that you were able to take delivery of it so fast. There was probably one on the line similar to the way you wanted it and DC just finished it up for you.

I know that different markets are allocated different models as well as incentives, discounts, etc. What works for one part of the country may not work for another - and that makes sense. I think that going outside of your local market to get what you want allows you to get the best of both worlds. The internet has certainly helped with that since most dealers post their inventory online and allow you to negotiate by phone or e-mail. Local dealers are going to have to adapt if they want to keep their local client base!

Quick Reply: Ordering white rubi unlimited