Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Ordering from Quadratec

Old 01-04-2011, 05:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! I have never had a problem with ordering from them. All items showed up quicker than I expected. Surprised to hear all the problems ya'll are having.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no problems at all here either, kinda spendy shipping but otherwise they have been great to me.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:17 AM
JK Newbie

The problem isn't Quadratec, it's the vendors. For some reason maybe the economy? Vendors aren't producing products like they were a few years ago. Example Bilstein makes the shocks for Rubicon Express, Bilstein was hurt pretty bad by the economic collapse and cut production on specialty shocks to a built to order process, which in turn hurts RE and everyone else. So if you want to put blame on us thats fine but remember it is bigger than us.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:22 AM
JK Freak

Same here. Everything I have ordered has either been backordered, or I still do not see it for two weeks. They never tell me when I am ordering it that it will be that long, it just ends up that way. I have been trying other suppliers.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

I can certainly understand the supply issues, but it would be helpful if the website would reflect what is in stock. For my last order, I opened a webchat and asked the rep, he confirmed one item (of two) was on backorder. I went ahead and ordered the instock item and ordered the backorder item from Amazon and recieved it last week. I am still waiting on my QT order that was placed one day later.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:48 AM
JK Newbie

I am done with them too. Last time I called and asked to confirm they had it in stock. Placed order and surprise, back order. I called the manufacture directly and they told me that they were late on shipping due to a change of location. So QT had to be aware they were on backorder. I understand that they can't stock everything, but they really don't have a clue on what inventory they even have. There are some ready good company's on this site, that go out of their way to earn my business! Northridge is one those!!
Old 01-04-2011, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've ordered a bunch of stuff from Quadratec and everything was shipped quickly. I also had to return an item and that went flawless too. Just my 2 cents
Old 01-04-2011, 09:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never had an issue with quadratec personally.
But for small items only, nothing large or heavy.
For the bigger purchases I will always go for free shipping, Brown Santa comes at a premium rate
Old 01-04-2011, 09:09 AM
JK Freak

I usually have my order from quadratec within 24 hrs. My only issue is having to call up to haggle. They meet prices and free shipping but you have to call up and haggle, or argue to get the matched price and shipping. The good thing is I get it next day.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:28 AM
Former Member

Believe me it is not always the Selling companies fault, I see it everyday. More stuff is made overseas and a lot of companies have cut production down, this means longer back order times. While we stock most of the 20,000+ parts we sell it is impossible to have everything instock.

Prices and shipping is something I can control, I always welcome price inquiries on the parts we sell, and more often than not I am the cheapest price around, and often times free shipping. Just shoot me a PM, Ill tell you if we have it instock.

Quick Reply: Ordering from Quadratec