Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Ordering parts in canads

Old 10-21-2011, 07:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are suppliers other than Northridge:

North Shore
National 4X4
Modern Motors (in Calgary)

That said, since www.northridge4x4.ca offers free shipping, offers competitive pricing, has staff (Stan) that will help you make sound decisions on your purchases, doesn't ask you to pay for things months before they have them in stock, is honest about expected wait times, and stocks far more in the way of JK parts than anyone else I know of in Canada...

You do the math

Since Northridge opened in Canada, almost all of my Jeep part purchases have been from Stan.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

... what w squared said...
Old 10-21-2011, 01:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Probo
Where does everybody in Canada order there parts from... Not really wanting to pay duty and deal with boarders ad such.... Any help would be appreciated
Since I bought my JK last month I have been wondering the same thing. Is Northridge mail-order only or do they have a store you can visit? And am I correct in reading that the duty etc is minimal on parts coming from the USA?
Old 10-21-2011, 01:11 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SNOWHARA
Since I bought my JK last month I have been wondering the same thing. Is Northridge mail-order only or do they have a store you can visit? And am I correct in reading that the duty etc is minimal on parts coming from the USA?
If it's made in north america, yes, but if you're bringing in parts from the statesthat were made in china, for instance, you'll pay duties and taxes. Of course if you're over for longer than 48 hours you've got a $400 exemption from both taxes and duties
Old 10-21-2011, 01:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Abbotsford50
If it's made in north america, yes, but if you're bringing in parts from the statesthat were made in china, for instance, you'll pay duties and taxes. Of course if you're over for longer than 48 hours you've got a $400 exemption from both taxes and duties
Sounds good. Being in northern Manitoba, pretty much everything will be mail order. We usually make 2 or 3 trips a year to Alberta. I think the trips to Ikea will be replaced with trips to the off-road suppliers. But that is only what I think!
Old 10-21-2011, 01:37 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SNOWHARA
They have a shop out of Ponoka Alberta at Stan's home. It is packed with the coolest stuff around...call him at 403-783-0878. I found the prices were better talking to him over the phone than what they have posted on the net.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yep, Stan at northridge4x4.ca, for the most part, especially if you are ordering smaller, less expensive parts one at a time, but for more expensive, big ticket items, or if I am ordering several smaller things, then ya, I get it shipped to a parcel service just across the border, and take a ride after work to pick up my stuff.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by M8TDAVE
They have a shop out of Ponoka Alberta at Stan's home. It is packed with the coolest stuff around...call him at 403-783-0878. I found the prices were better talking to him over the phone than what they have posted on the net.
10-4. Stan @ Northridge... thanks for your help!
Old 11-08-2011, 01:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Probo
Where does everybody in Canada order there parts from... Not really wanting to pay duty and deal with boarders ad such.... Any help would be appreciated
Add to the list ESPECIALLY if you like the ACE rock rails/sliders too......
www.rebeloffroad.com &
In Montreal Quebec Drivetech Inc
# (514) 955-0666
Old 11-08-2011, 08:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
Add to the list ESPECIALLY if you like the ACE rock rails/sliders too......
www.rebeloffroad.com &
In Montreal Quebec Drivetech Inc
# (514) 955-0666
Am I reading that correctly??

WITH shipping to Alberta the total comes to $316.06???? Thats insane! I was a hair away of biting the bullet for the rails until I called them and they told me I would have to ship it up myself to get it here and the shipping was pretty dam costly. Its 300 bucks for the ace 2dr rails with shipping, thats nuts. I am buying those within a week or two! lol thanks!

Quick Reply: Ordering parts in canads