Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Ordering a JKU sport--option question

Old 11-07-2011, 03:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering a JKU sport--option question

I'm ordering an auto JKU sport with the S package. I wondering what the advantage of the limited slip rear and the 3:73 gears would have if any. They are relatively low cost options if theres a real advantage to having them. Would there be a noticable difference over the 3:21's and no LS rear?
Old 11-07-2011, 03:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes!!! Jk do have computer controlled brake locking differential but LSD is a huge helper in snow and sand... Gear ratio number, higher the better for towing and crawling. If you plan on upgrading to lockers and higher gear then don't bother. Its cheap factory options I wish I had for now... Enjoy your new Jeep
Old 11-07-2011, 03:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AF_ONE
I'm ordering an auto JKU sport with the S package. I wondering what the advantage of the limited slip rear and the 3:73 gears would have if any. They are relatively low cost options if theres a real advantage to having them. Would there be a noticable difference over the 3:21's and no LS rear?
Do it, far better drivablity, better traction and better gearing for the jk. I wish I had got those options.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agree with the other two guys.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Do it I have the 3.21s on my sport and my dad has the 3.73s on his mountain edition I have 33s on mine and he has 35s and his is way better driving around (even with his being a 4 door vs my 2 door)
Old 11-07-2011, 05:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

While you are ordering, get the EVIC system if its available on the Sport. It lets you make some user settings that would otherwise hafa be done by the dealer, and offers great info about what's going on with your Jeep. Wish to hell mine had it!
Old 11-07-2011, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got the EVIC on my Sport only because it was included on the Jeep I bought. I didn't order it that way and it wasn't something I was looking for. That said, I'm glad I have it and I made sure that my wife's Patriot, that we are picking up on Wednesday, comes with it. It's a handy option to have.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:55 PM
JK Newbie

I didnt see the EVIC as an option on the order sheet. Whats it called or is it in a package?
Old 11-07-2011, 07:06 PM
JK Newbie

Oh, just checked my order, the EVIC comes with the connectivity group. I did order that, I like the hands free phone, so, I will have EVIC! Cant wait for this Crush JKU to be built. I ordered:
Sport "S" Package
Connectivity
Auto Trans
Max tow with 3:73 gears
Limited Slip Rear
368w Infinity Stereo system
Black 3 piece hard top
CRUSH!!!!!
Old 11-08-2011, 04:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Oh, just checked my order, the EVIC comes with the connectivity group. I did order that, I like the hands free phone, so, I will have EVIC! Cant wait for this Crush JKU to be built. I ordered:
Sport "S" Package
Connectivity
Auto Trans
Max tow with 3:73 gears
Limited Slip Rear
368w Infinity Stereo system
Black 3 piece hard top
CRUSH!!!!!
Those are the same options I got on my 2011 - except for the radio and the color - I have red rock and the standard 130 / RES radio. The connectivity package is really nice. I hope you enjoy!

Quick Reply: Ordering a JKU sport--option question