Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Ordering a 2011 soon, what options and why?

Old 09-21-2010, 08:07 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on how your budget.

Go Rubicon if you plan on doing some serious rock crawling with the standard options of front & rear Lockers, 4:1 Transfer Case and if you plan on going with 35's the 4:10 rear gearing will be helpful.

If you are leaning towards Sahara get the LSD works awesome! And get the Tow package to get the 3:73 gearing which will be helpful if you go with bigger tires down the road. Pick up a set of quick Disco's for your front sway bar to allow for some good flex off-roading! Nothing wrong with a Sahara...I have gone places where Rubi's have gone!

At the time it was a $5-6K difference between the Sahara and Rubicon due to lack of stock of Rubicons. With the money I saved purchasing the Sahara I put into lift, tires, wheels, Quick Disco's, winch and bumpers to make it look different from other JK's. Yes I may still have open diffs but I have never needed lockers yet!
Old 09-21-2010, 12:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would normally recommend dual top to anybody buying a Jeep, especially in the South.

However, with leather seats, I don't know if you'll want to drop the top that often. I wouldn't want to get leather heated seats rained on and the heat is always going to be an issue.

If it were me, I'd ditch the leather seats and go dual top. The regular seats are fine unless you're really trying to get a luxury interior.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by u2ecila
Hey everyone!
I just got a call from my dealer that the Cosmos Blue and Bright White are available to order now, so I will be ordering my first jeep as soon as my new tread lightly membership gets in!

So, outside of the dilema on white versus blue, what other options would you guys recommend and why? It will be my daily driver (with a little bit of off roading on the side).

Right now, I am leaning towards either the Sahara or Rubicon with:
- automatic
- side air bags
- connectivity group
- limited slip on the sahara
- leather and heated seats
- engine heater?
- air conditioning with auto control/air filter on Sahara (doesn't the standard a/c have a filter?)
- dual top?
- tow package?
- anything else I should consider?

Do the Sahara and Rubicon drive differently? I have only had a chance to test drive the sport 2011 so far.

Also, anyone have any idea what the new blue will actually look like (outside of the digital pic on jeep.com)? Thanks for any feedback!

cheers!
alice
Big difference in the tires between the two. Appears the leather only comes in the two tone...would like to see it in black or charcoal

Quick Reply: Ordering a 2011 soon, what options and why?