Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Ordering 2010 JK

Old 08-15-2009, 05:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering 2010 JK

Was wondering what type of deals folks are negotiating for their 2010 JK's when orderingfrom the dealer. Are you able to negotiate to below invoice at all? Obviously there are some great deals to be had on 09 that are on the lot. As many have gotten 80-85% of MSRP. I'm craving a Rubicon, but there are no Rubi's in my area with the options I want....So I am thinking of ordering one.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have been watching this same thing. I have looked at several of the local Dealers and several online, they are asking way more than they should be for a Rubicon. I had an 07 Rubi ordered in May of 2007 and the final price out the door was $30,085.00 with the auto trans, hard top, and all power options except Nav. The cheapest Rubi I can find on a lot is about $36,000. Not one of the dealers will come down much on the price, they are saying the factory might not be making anymore (ya right).
I am about to order me a new one from the factory from the first honest dealer I can find. If they will match my price.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:37 PM
JK Newbie

CY4x4 - I live in the DFW area and have not had much luck negotiating on existing 09's. Where are you seing 80%-85% off MSRP. Do you have the name of a local salesperson who's willing to negotiate on 09's. Thanks
Old 08-15-2009, 05:15 PM
JK Freak

One of the primary reasons for reducing dealerships was so they wouldn't compete against one another. Really sucks for someone when they walk in and get met with one of the more incompetent salespersons. I suppose you either drive 15 miles or more to the next one or wait and try another day.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:37 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKRINGO
One of the primary reasons for reducing dealerships was so they wouldn't compete against one another. Really sucks for someone when they walk in and get met with one of the more incompetent salespersons. I suppose you either drive 15 miles or more to the next one or wait and try another day.
Yeah, I never really understood why anyone would back the dealership reductions.

The way I understood it, Chrysler as a company doesnt get any more money if the car sells for 20,000 or 22,000 (since the dealer already bought it from Chrysler)

Quick Reply: Ordering 2010 JK