Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Ordered my JKU Rubicon Today!!

Old 03-15-2012, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered my JKU Rubicon Today!!

I just ordered my 2012 Black Forrest Green Rubicon Unlimited today.. I got the navigation, dark saddle leather seats, tow package, engine block heater, and dual tops.... Now the wait begins. However, i guess i can go ahead and order my AEV Front bumper, winch, and rear LoD Tire Carrier (since i've heard they all take just about as long to receive as the actual jeep does itself)..

The wait begins!

Luke
Old 03-15-2012, 05:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ooo, BFG is nice. I decided I was too lazy to keep it clean, but it's an amazing color when it's all polished up.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Black Forest Green was one of my 2 choices, or Bright Silver. I opted for Silver. I really like the BFG, but it was just a little too dark. I really liked the Natural Green from 2011.

Good color choice and congrats!! I ordered my JKUR 2 days ago. The wait has begun for me also.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:18 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats, mine to 4 weeks to the day when I ordered back in September
Old 03-15-2012, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks for the replies guys.. I just sold my Flame Red 2006 unlimited rubicon in order to buy this one. My favorite colors are Red Rock and Jeep Green... however, neither are available for 2012.

I'm kind of a clean freak when it comes to my vehicles (2011 F250, 2004 Cobra, and 74 Bronco), and i plan to wheel this jeep a lot just like i did my 06 LJ. I was having second thoughts about it, but i've seen the color on mulitple jeeps now and love it. I'm a big Black and Green fan, so i feel like i'm getting the best of both worlds here. However, i'm sure the scratches will drive me crazy. Either way, i took a gamble and ordered it in BFG. Hopefully i won't regret it.. haha.

Interested to see how long it takes to get here to SC. I'll keep you guys posted.

Luke
Old 03-15-2012, 05:44 PM
JK Newbie

Congrats... I know the wait. More time to order the mods.

I am at day 10 on my build. The boxes are showing up daily.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:56 PM
JK Newbie

Awesome..congrats
Old 03-15-2012, 10:31 PM
JK Newbie

Wondering why you need a block heater in South Carolina.
Congrats on the purchase.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fmdualexhaust
Wondering why you need a block heater in South Carolina.
Congrats on the purchase.
i am an avid snowboarder and backpacker in the winter time. I make a couple trips out west to CO and Wyoming to go snowboarding for competitions (racing) and i do a lot of winter backpacking in the smokies as well as the rockies. Basically, anytime it snows, i'm driving in it, snowboarding, backpacking in it, or camping in it. It's probably overkill, but i've always had them in all my cars and diesel trucks (which definitely needs engine block heater below 20 deg F).

It's also good if you camp in your jeep in the winter time (when it's below 10 degrees)... you can start the engine up if it's been plugged in and get heat much quicker at idle.. Plus.. It was only 35 bucks too, so why not.

Luke
Old 03-16-2012, 02:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Congrats! I'm in SC too!

Quick Reply: Ordered my JKU Rubicon Today!!