Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Opinions wanted: Bestop trail cover

Old 05-23-2007, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Opinions wanted: Bestop trail cover

Anybody have the Bestop trail cover for their JK? Is it well made? Easy to get on and off? Does it fold up small enough that it's out of the way? I like the Bestop better than the Mopar because the Bestop covers the doors too, so it would work when the doors are off

Weather changes quickly around here, and I hate putting the top up for a 5 minute shower, only to take it down again later. I figured a trail cover would be perfect as long as it's easy to get on and off.

Opinions? Yes? No? What do you think of it?

Thanks
Old 05-23-2007, 11:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have it, and I love it. It comes with a handy little canvas bag to stow it in, but unless you are a pro @ oragami or have the patience of solomon, you will do what I do, and roll it into a ball and toss it in my shed when I leave. It takes me less than 5 minutes maybe as few as 3 to put it on, and maybe 2 minutes to take it off. Its perfect. (Although I have had mine for a week now, and that "New Canvas" plastic like smell is still kinda strong... but hey I am just picky)
Old 05-23-2007, 12:12 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thumbs up!

The Bestop cover is a heavy duty top. I have the 2-door version and it provides good protection doors off! Easy to put on with just a couple of buckles and tuck the edges around the soft top rim.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:20 PM
JK Freak

undertow119 - What does "Region 1" mean?
Old 05-23-2007, 12:40 PM
JK Freak

Why not get a full car cover?

I've been thinking about getting the Besttop trail cover, but why not just cover the whole Jeep? Does the snug fit of the trail cover keep the water from pooling? Seems like the only advantage I can think of.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:45 PM
JK Newbie

Snug is the right word. Man it's tight. water tight?... yeah I would park it in the rain with that top on....
Old 05-23-2007, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BARNO
undertow119 - What does "Region 1" mean?

It's a reference to the region coding on DVD movies - Region 1 is USA.

...and you didn't ask, but just in case you're curious, "undertow119" is a reference to the Genesis song "Undertow", which has a refrain at 1:19 which perfectly describes my philosphy of life.

Now you know more than you ever wanted to know about me.

Quick Reply: Opinions wanted: Bestop trail cover