Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Opinions.. Bikini, Duster & Windjammer Summer Combo

Old 05-13-2011, 11:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bestop garbage

I just purchased the windjammer and duster deck cover from bestop. The duster deck cover fits nice and tight. The windjammer on the otherhand is almost completely useless. It has huge gaps at top and sides, and the seats have to be pushed almost all the way forward and leaned upwards. I'm 5"9" and it is too cramped, If it were attached to the rear of the roll bar and the duster deck was about six inches shorter, I would still recommend this product. Looks cool from a distance or online for example, but this product is poorly engineered.
Mopar soft top it is. I've heard too many bad things about Bestop to give them another chance.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by omen0786
I just purchased the windjammer and duster deck cover from bestop. The duster deck cover fits nice and tight. The windjammer on the otherhand is almost completely useless. It has huge gaps at top and sides, and the seats have to be pushed almost all the way forward and leaned upwards. I'm 5"9" and it is too cramped, If it were attached to the rear of the roll bar and the duster deck was about six inches shorter, I would still recommend this product. Looks cool from a distance or online for example, but this product is poorly engineered.
Mopar soft top it is. I've heard too many bad things about Bestop to give them another chance.
I just got last week my Bestop Safari bikini top. I have to say that it's doing the job I'm expecting from it; protect me and my kids from the sun when it's very sunny. I also rolled back the front part of it and strapped it to the sound bar with Velcro band. It not the most amazing thing I bought but it's still do what it's suppose to do.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:43 AM
JK Freak

I bought the summer combo from quadratec first purchase got everything they said I needed(didn't say anything about door surrounds) the windshield channel and tailgate bar. I have a 4 door hard top only so thought it would be good for those long trips in case we hit rain.

Anyone want one close to Birmingham pm me as mine is still brand new. Love to swap for soft top or sell it.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:16 PM
JK Freak

Just instal my new Safari Bikini top (Bestop) and roll the front part.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3133.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	163114   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3130.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	163115  
Old 05-22-2011, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

I find the whole summer top thing really confusing. Must just not be smart enough.

I have a 2009 4 door JK. I am looking to ride with my Freedom Tops on and looking for some type of soft top I can put over the back seat and trunk area for a long trip where a little rain may be in the forecast. When I get where I am going I can take the tops off and cruise topless for a day or two and then put the Freedoms and the soft top on the back for the ride back (in case of rain).

Any solutions?
Old 05-25-2011, 06:17 AM
JK Newbie

bump

Any idea about a summer top I can run with the freedom panels on? Just looking for something to protect the back seats in case of a light rain.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:36 AM
JK Freak

here is mine with Bestop Duster and Bikini
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	duster and bikini.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	164437  
Old 05-25-2011, 07:03 AM
JK Newbie

Thank for the guidance riptide. It is for when I am moving. I have the trail cover and will put it on when I stop for any extended period of time. I was mostly looking for some quick coverage when I am driving.

I agree that I am not too worried about a little rain in the back seat, but was just wondering if there was a quick, easy, cheap way to get some coverage. I was mostly looking for an inexpensive solution I guess.

Maybe garbage bags is the answer.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take off the Freedom panels and just run the safari top.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I just installed my Mopar sunbonnet and Bestop duster. My Jeep dealer said the windjammer would come with it but for the price he quoted me, I knew it wouldn't. How can the guys who sell this stuff for a living be so inept?

Really like it though.

Quick Reply: Opinions.. Bikini, Duster & Windjammer Summer Combo