Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Opinions.. Bikini, Duster & Windjammer Summer Combo

Old 05-07-2011, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As cool as the new hard top with freedom panels are... its not the same as going topless. Mine came with a hard top so I needed a solution for summer to easily go topless without anyone's help. I don't like the look ofhthe normal soft top all bunched up. Of course you can buy the boot.. but I'm still not a fan. Out of all the soft tops.. the bikini, windjammer, and duster is the best looking. Once you have all the pieces to it.. its not confusing at all.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

What about the new Bestop Trektop NX? New features and improved, and become a bikini top in a couple of minutes. Probably the best thing to me, with a 4 doors and 2 kids in the back, no chance for them of taking a bath... You can get it in Canada for 600$ (including hardware and everything).
Old 05-07-2011, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stephane87
What about the new Bestop Trektop NX? New features and improved, and become a bikini top in a couple of minutes. Probably the best thing to me, with a 4 doors and 2 kids in the back, no chance for them of taking a bath... You can get it in Canada for 600$ (including hardware and everything).
i bought my bikini about 2 years before those were made. i like them.. havent seen them up close yet though. you dont see too many people around here with bikinis.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:48 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Nickit1981
i bought my bikini about 2 years before those were made. i like them.. havent seen them up close yet though. you dont see too many people around here with bikinis.
Here in Canada, as soon as you hit 15 Celcius the bikini top go on. Summer are short so we enjoy every minute of it. Those trektop (600$) look great and are cheapper then jeep original soft top (2000$).
Old 05-07-2011, 01:12 PM
JK Super Freak

I may have confused the topic....
But I do know that I like the Bikini top alot.. I borrowed a friends and the top is off... went 4-wheelin in the Rio Puerco and really like the bikini top.. As for why I tried to configure a special setup.... well other then going over it again I'll just say that's me...
I can not look at the weather in the morning and say it's good we get alot of PM showers,,,,, 20 min down pour and gone... etc.. I won't be driving the Jeep to work much anyhow,, I ride my orbea....
My desired would still be to have the setup I tried the put together but with the wind jammer stopping the seat from going back... no way.
I am currently thinking about the new trektop NX.... I will be in the mtn alot this summer and it rains pretty much everyday/night there... so unless I want to go hardtop I think this will be the best way to go... I am also thinking the road noise might not be as bad as I thought...

I also might do something like the Bikini top and an emergency top..

Time will tell...

few pics of today...

Old 05-07-2011, 02:40 PM
JK Freak

Here in Canada, as soon as you hit 15 Celcius the bikini top go on. Summer are short so we enjoy every minute of it. Those trektop (600$) look great and are cheapper then jeep original soft top (2000$).
Originally Posted by JK-jeepit
I may have confused the topic....
But I do know that I like the Bikini top alot.. I borrowed a friends and the top is off... went 4-wheelin in the Rio Puerco and really like the bikini top.. As for why I tried to configure a special setup.... well other then going over it again I'll just say that's me...
I can not look at the weather in the morning and say it's good we get alot of PM showers,,,,, 20 min down pour and gone... etc.. I won't be driving the Jeep to work much anyhow,, I ride my orbea....
My desired would still be to have the setup I tried the put together but with the wind jammer stopping the seat from going back... no way.
I am currently thinking about the new trektop NX.... I will be in the mtn alot this summer and it rains pretty much everyday/night there... so unless I want to go hardtop I think this will be the best way to go... I am also thinking the road noise might not be as bad as I thought...

I also might do something like the Bikini top and an emergency top..

Time will tell...

few pics of today...

If you want to know about the trektop and about the noise it can make, go on YouTube at; Trektop Bestop test drive for www.*******s.com
It will give you a good idea about this product...
Old 05-07-2011, 04:44 PM
JK Super Freak

so I watch a 4 min video and I'm impressed... so was the driver who took the video.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:13 AM
JK Freak

I forgot to say that the video was made with the first generation of trektop. Now there's the NX trektop who is a lot better...
Old 05-08-2011, 06:26 PM
JK Super Freak

I forgot to say that the video was made with the first generation of trektop. Now there's the NX trektop who is a lot better...
yea the only video on that one that I can find is from bestop..
of course it's not out yet.
this is the one I am looking at getting.

Last edited by JK-jeepit; 05-08-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:49 PM
JK Super Freak

So i just ordered the VDP KoolBreez from 4WD. They had to order it from another company and still beat the price
and will be ordering the Trektop NX in the near future...
That will be my configuration... the Koolbreez can ride in the back while not in use..

Quick Reply: Opinions.. Bikini, Duster & Windjammer Summer Combo