Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Opinions.. Bikini, Duster & Windjammer Summer Combo

Old 05-04-2011, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rrrrrrkevin
I like that alot even tho I dont see what its purpose is, now take your doors off and take another shot j/k. That looks really good I sort of want one now. Yours looks especially better because of the tires and other mods to your jeep but im afraid mine would not look as good because it is totally stock.
my bikini top was the first mod i did to my jeep. mine came with a hard top and i wanted to be able to go topless in the summer without needing help from anyone to remove the top. the doorless pics will come after the 14th on go topless day! heres some pics of my jeep stock with the regular windjammer and not the wrap around. also of my temporary solution to not having the door surrounds.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Nickit1981
my bikini top was the first mod i did to my jeep. mine came with a hard top and i wanted to be able to go topless in the summer without needing help from anyone to remove the top. the doorless pics will come after the 14th on go topless day! heres some pics of my jeep stock with the regular windjammer and not the wrap around. also of my temporary solution to not having the door surrounds.

looks good.... like the tire cover.... actually have the same one,
I'm sure you can now take the bikini off in what 5 mins...
and the back stays 90% dry?

Last edited by JK-jeepit; 05-04-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Nickit1981

For some reason I cant load your pictures
Old 05-04-2011, 05:33 PM
JK Newbie

Ok I see I was at my home computer before and i think my work blocks them out unless you attach them or something.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-jeepit
it would stay 90% dry without the tonno and top props.. now that I have them installed id be will to bet it stays even dryer. i think most of the reason i would get any water inside before was because of rain pooling on the tops and eventually seeping through. now.. humidity on the other hand.. there is no way to keep that out. after it rains and the temperature increases it always gets humid inside the cab. i will say this though.. if i was camping and it started to rain.. and my tent decided to leak or something... i wouldnt hesitate to sleep underneath the tonno. that prop is sturdy as hell. i am contemplating adding a second to give more "head" room.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-jeepit
and i would say it takes about 10 mins to take off and another 10 to put back on.. mostly because you have continulously walk around the jeep undoing straps. if i was in a hurry... i bet i could have it on or off in under 5 mins.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rrrrrrkevin
Ok I see I was at my home computer before and i think my work blocks them out unless you attach them or something.
yeah.. your work must have photobucket blocked. the wind jammer does exactly as its name suggests. it cuts down on wind noise in your cab. now.. installing it by itseld is pretty pointless... but in conjunction with the other pieces it works fairly well. I would suggest getting the entire package with the wrap around windjammer if you are going to go this route.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:44 AM
JK Newbie

ok I am at my home computer and that thing looks sweet, can you leave it out in the rain with that on?
Old 05-05-2011, 05:11 AM
JK Super Freak

been researching the Mopar Sun Bonnet wraparound for the 2011 and it seems they don't have one that is link to the 2011.. and I wouldn't default that and early year would fit. not even the Mopar site as one listed to fit...
I guess I need to get on the phone........

another tought is a bikini setup with the emergancy top..... would like to find one with a back window..... or just keep watching ebay and craigslist for a OEM factory top.

either way the Top comes off this weekend .....
getting ready for the topless run.....

edit -- Mopar website does link 2011 to this --- didn't last night... website problems,,,
so saw another post by Mark ...... and I think he nailed exactly what I want.... this setup should allow me to go completley topless and yet have a top ready for those mtns rains...... and I think it will be cheaper then a full soft top....???

2011 Jeep Wrangler (2DR)
1. Mopar softtop Sunbonnet

2. Door surrounds.

3. Bestop Duster with mounting hardware (tailgate bar and clips,,, etc)

4. A Bestop Windjammer, WRAPAROUND Windjammer

5. A Bestop Trail Cover

Last edited by JK-jeepit; 05-05-2011 at 05:45 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Mopar Sun bonnet

When I picked up my sun bonnet the parts guy said it was ordered for a 2010 but it didn't fit. Didn't say exactly why, but just the top redesign doesn't work with the 2007-2009 sun bonnet. And I fully recommend the mopar one, I have the soft top version and it is great. Some pooling on the top from rain or washing, and some flapping, but I fully expected that. Still looking at the wrap around and the duster.

Quick Reply: Opinions.. Bikini, Duster & Windjammer Summer Combo