Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Opinions.. Bikini, Duster & Windjammer Summer Combo

Old 05-25-2011, 11:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

View through the rearview, slightly limited

I like it. I think it works great. I don't have to do too much to get it on and off.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.McNinja
I like it. I think it works great. I don't have to do too much to get it on and off.
I'm ordering a windjammer today. I mostly run doors off. Do you think I should order a 2dr one like yours or a 4dr?
Old 05-25-2011, 11:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SBEII
I'm ordering a windjammer today. I mostly run doors off. Do you think I should order a 2dr one like yours or a 4dr?
The 4 door one is basically a wind sock. If you're going doorless, I would go without a windjammer. If you've got door surrounds, use the wraparound 2 door version. It is much better at sealing the cockpit. The only place mine leaks is around the rollbars on the back, and at the front of the duster where it meets the windjammer. Even then it doesn't leak much.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:29 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jeepetc
Thank for the guidance riptide. It is for when I am moving. I have the trail cover and will put it on when I stop for any extended period of time. I was mostly looking for some quick coverage when I am driving.

I agree that I am not too worried about a little rain in the back seat, but was just wondering if there was a quick, easy, cheap way to get some coverage. I was mostly looking for an inexpensive solution I guess.

Maybe garbage bags is the answer.
The best thing would probably be to get a piece of the same materiel as the soft top, and cut it the size of the opening over the back seat. Then you can sow all around and put those round little metal rings and you strap everything all around with bunggi balls (look at "Spidershades" jeep top and shades pictures).

Quick Reply: Opinions.. Bikini, Duster & Windjammer Summer Combo