Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Opinions/appraisals/comments please...

Old 02-25-2009, 09:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by biglynny
He's right. I was just waiting to jump in and confirm. My '07 Unlimited has 3.21 so if you want 4.10 be sure and check it out.
You gotta stick, though, right?
Old 02-25-2009, 10:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
I would low-ball any of the JK's you are looking at....the auto industry is in the tank and it's a total buyers market! Just don't get attached to the jeep you are looking at and get the must have eyes! Be prepared to walk as there are plenty of other JK's that will come along!

If you are dealing with a dealership work the numbers out first get a final price and then HIT THEM about throwing in extended warranty, free oil changes, Jeep mugs, Jeep caps, etc.. If they don't budge.....walk out of the office! Trust me they will call you back in a hurray....they need that sale....if you still don't like the deal/price walk-out again and by 2nd or 3rd time of getting up and walking that salesman will have the Dealer Manager down showing you the Dealers Invoice of what they actually paid for that JK. Dealers will want to be moving product and deals can be had in today's market!!!

You are in the driver seat !

I'm with ya. I'm not in a position where I need another vehicle. I'm just in the want mode now. I fully intend to be 100% happy with the terms that I buy anything on now. Highly doubtful that I'll get anything new so there's only 1 (out of 4) of these JK's that I'll be dealing with a dealer for.

One of them wants to sell to downsize to something smaller 'cause the wife (who said it was here Jeep) is pregnant and having trouble getting in.

One wants to sell 'cause the wife doesn't drive a stick and the son who's returning from college doesn't drive a stick so they need something different in auto.

The other financed with a local, on-island financial institution and they wouldn't let him ship it off-island when he PCS'd. He left a POA with a friend to sell it for him. I think this is where the deal is going to be at. Unfortunately, this is my least favorite of the JKs (the Sahara).

Thanks for all the comments...
Old 02-25-2009, 11:24 PM
JK Super Freak

UPDATE:

I got a chance to look at the X 6spd, 5k miles, pwr windows/door, hard top for $21,500 today. This thing is nice, clean, and still has nearly 2 full years left on the warranty! Might end up in this one. Probably will offer them about 20,500 for it. I think that's fair. Whaddya think?

As for the one with the 3" lift and 285's, I just talked to the wife again and it has about 18 months and 21k miles left on the warranty. I offered them $11k and my KJ for it and it looks like that might work. We'll be getting together on Saturday to talk about it.

Any thoughts? One thing I was thinking about... am I near the limit for my front driveshaft with a 3" lift on an Auto Unlimited?
Old 02-27-2009, 12:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Ok, I'm an idiot.

Went to take the wifey to see the 6spd/hard top today so she'd have an idea what I was talkin' about when debating between the 2-3 JK's that I'm looking at. Well, I talked to the owner on the phone while I was there looking (he's off island, his wife showed us the Jeep) and he told me where the window sticker was in the glove compartment.

It's 2WD!

Needless to say, that's not on the list of possibilities anymore.

Next...

Quick Reply: Opinions/appraisals/comments please...