Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Open Carry

Old 05-24-2013, 01:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by shabbernigdo
I think you over exagerate a bit. Both conceal and open have their positives and negatives.
For a civilian it has more negatives.
If I was about to run amok the first one I'd take out would be the one I can see carries a weapon...you should take that into consideration!!
Tactics is putting yourself in the best possible position and putting your enemy in the worst.

Or think of another scenario: You've just defeated an active shooter still holding your gun in your hands. Someone else (armed) who heard the gun fire comes to the scene and just sees you standing there with a weapon. - What do you think he's gonna do!?

Keep your weapon concealed whenever possible!!
Old 05-24-2013, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crusaderJK
My carry permit is only for duty. Off duty I'm not allowed to either carry concealed or open.
My personal preference is concealed.
Open carry is like havin' a mall crawler. You just show what you've got, not what you can do.
And about the faster draw....you'll still be fast enough drawing a concealed weapon (Train it!)
Man what crapy state do you like in? Only a weapon when on duty? Must be a state more liberal than CA.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:03 PM
JK Freak

North Carolina is an open carry state
Old 05-24-2013, 02:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a bill in the SC house to allow open carry here. I'm not the biggest supporter of the notion. I suppose it would take some getting used to. I agree with many of the disadvantages listed above. However there are times it would be a nice alternative.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Strombeck
Man what crapy state do you like in? Only a weapon when on duty? Must be a state more liberal than CA.
That's life in Europe As far as I know no country over here allows civilians to carry a gun.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:20 PM
JK Newbie

Never would I carry open....if I'm a bad guy and I see an open gun, that's what I'm going for first...you don't have to worry about it standing in line at the grocery store, sitting down at a crowded restaurant where you can't see someone behind you or any other similiar situation...

To me it creates a stigma to much, it makes you stick out to much..I don't want people knowing I have a gun..bad guy takes you out first cause you have gun, how are you going to stop him from killing anyone else when your already dead...use the element of surprise to your advantage. If you know what your looking for and watch carefully you can pick out the gun even on a concealed carry...

I'm about 120lbs and boney as hell, I can hide mine perfectly and have been in plenty of situations with bad guys where it has never been seen...

Each has its advantages, concealed has many more IMO though
Old 05-24-2013, 08:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

We can open carry here in wa and I believe it's every Americans right to arm their self and feel protected. I believe there is a time and place for each. I for one would probably give someone a weird look who came into chucky cheeses open carrying. On the other side I have a customer who when he is on motorcycle trips in SoCal he open carries so if he has to stop to get gas in the wrong part of town any thinking about being brave might think twice when he gets off his bike with his 45 strapped to his leg. But I fall more to the side why advertise. Just my opinion as we can have one in the good ol USA
Old 05-24-2013, 08:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by crusaderJK
For a civilian it has more negatives.
If I was about to run amok the first one I'd take out would be the one I can see carries a weapon...you should take that into consideration!!
Tactics is putting yourself in the best possible position and putting your enemy in the worst.

Or think of another scenario: You've just defeated an active shooter still holding your gun in your hands. Someone else (armed) who heard the gun fire comes to the scene and just sees you standing there with a weapon. - What do you think he's gonna do!?

Keep your weapon concealed whenever possible!!
Or since they are alredy not in their right mind they shoot who ever is nearest or wearing pink or what ever other random messed up thoughts are running through their mind.

Or in the 2nd scenario you pull your weapon from concealment and do away with the bad guy and the same armed other guy sees you have a weapon in your hands and still does the exact same thing he would of or did do to the first guy.

Most people who are looking to do harm are looking for an easy target if they precive that said target is not easy and has the potential to fight back on even or better terms they are much more likely to go find another easier target.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:37 AM
JK Newbie

Why do you think these nut jobs always shoot up gun free zones? The wolves stay away from sheep they know are armed. I carry concealed not because of the bad guys but because sheep get scared easy.

Last edited by windellmc; 05-28-2013 at 04:40 AM.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by windellmc
Why do you think these nut jobs always shoot up gun free zones? The wolves stay away from sheep they know are armed. I carry concealed not because of the bad guys but because sheep get scared easy.
You'd be surprised how little attention people pay to their surroundings. I've had my shirt get caught between my grip and my body. I have no idea how long I walked around like that in Target.

Quick Reply: Open Carry