Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

One thing really pisses me off about the JK

Old 05-29-2007, 02:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bim6180
Jeep is for everyone to buy.....there is no rule book saying Jeep is only for men who loves Mud....
Amen to that.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jckid
I am in the 37-45 age group and drive a Sahara. You shouldn't stereotype every woman in this age group that you see driving a Sahara or any other JK. Not only am I not a "soccer mom", I'm not even a mom, and I never will be.

Amen there! I'm topping 37 (next week actually) and the only kids I have are 2 dogs that will be going bush with me. Just need to get the bloody time off work!

Violet Rose

Last edited by Violet Rose; 05-29-2007 at 05:11 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Violet Rose
Amen there! I'm topping 37 (next week actually) and the only kids I have are 2 dogs that will be going bush with me. Just need to get the bloody time off work!

Violet Rose
Going Bush????? Is that like going hunting or camping?
Old 05-30-2007, 03:39 PM
Former Vendor

What else can haul the entire family and an assload of gear up a 6 ft. vertical rock ledge....with only a few minor mods (tires and a simple lift). That is NOT the mall in the background....it's huge rocks!

I love my family friendly crawler!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7768-(Small).jpg
Views:	128
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	1860  

Last edited by shrockworks; 05-30-2007 at 03:43 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:59 PM
JK Freak

First - I married the hot soccer mom in the Jeep.

Second, I, too, have two kids and they L O V E jeeping - rocks, mud (favorite), and general trails!

Lastly, my Jeep has NOT been to the mall... yet.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by only_in_my_jeep
Hey 37+ yo describes my wife to a T. We have a Sahara. The jeep drops off and picks up the kids at school every day. OMG it's a glorified minivan.... NOT! The jeep is mine although she drives the jeep for fun. I actually drop the kids off to school and stuff. I bought my jeep for the reasons feared it has 4 doors, room for the kids, and looks cool. I drive it back and forth to school dropping off the kids every day. That said for the most part I do it without doors and a top (the wife loves to drive it too) and sometimes it's muddy when I pick them up. It is the daily driver but goes offroad when I want/need it to. I also need to say this the wife bought it for me and told me not to take it offroad and get it messed up (yeah right). Then the next day she drove it to work and it came back muddy as hell. Her excuse was she was showing it off. I realy think she wanted to be the first to get it muddy because after that she said for me to do with it what I want when I want it was my jeep a present from her.
Same here ... I work from home and the kids *BEG* me to drop them off in the cool jeep instead of my wife's Toyota Prius. Then again, before the JK, they begged me to take them in the CJ7.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shrockworks
What else can haul the entire family and an assload of gear up a 6 ft. vertical rock ledge....with only a few minor mods (tires and a simple lift). That is NOT the mall in the background....it's huge rocks!

I love my family friendly crawler!

Way to get them started early! My kids started out in their car seats in a Grand Wagoneer. They used to fall asleep on the trails. Now that they're approaching that "first car" stage, they all want Jeeps. I feel that in some way I've succeeded as a parent.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:33 AM
JK Super Freak

This seems to be a thread for Unlimiteds. I thought about getting one, but I'm divorced, so I got the two door.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well I'm married with one kid and hoping he takes up soccer. I also plan on keeping it clean when I'm not on the trails. Hell I might even go to the mall from time to time.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:30 PM
JK Super Freak

This proves one thing... soccer moms get the "It's a Jeep thing".

When I first got my jeep, my wife stole it from me. folks at my work joked about how the jeep was actually for her...

So I lifted it high enough to where she can't get in without a stool.

Problem solved...

Quick Reply: One thing really pisses me off about the JK