Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

One thing really pisses me off about the JK

Old 05-27-2007, 12:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ericdewayne
you said it makes you mad that you only see 37-45 yr old moms driving them... so how old is your mom? And does it make you mad that she owns the JK Sahara??? Just seems like youre being a little contradictory here.
I was saying that the Wrangler is losing its go-anywhere attitude.

My Mom at least takes hers off road every weekend.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by FRDesign
I was saying that the Wrangler is losing its go-anywhere attitude.

My Mom at least takes hers off road every weekend.
I'm sorry, but it is not losing its go anywhere attitude. My gosh FR, just look at this site. There are alot more unlimiteds modified and off roaded then I ever thought there would be. It blew me away to see how many of them were sold just because many had to sell thier 2dr (CJ's and wranglers) because they grew a family. Now they are able to get back into the worlds best 4X4 again, and it is all because of the 4 dr.

Mrs. Rupedog and I have a 2dr JK, because our kids are grown, but if they were still at home we would have a 4 dr. so the kids could go wheelin with us.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

I usually keep my nose out of your threads FR, but this is by far one of the most hypocritical things I've read. I think ericdewayne was right on in his retort. How old is the owner of the sahara JK in your avatar???? Just for laughs, please respond with "sorry it took so long reply, my mom was late picking me up from soccer practice." You're a trip FR keep posting.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hehe....maybe you could get the same type of reaction out of the soccer mom JK drivers by getting one of these?

Old 05-27-2007, 01:30 PM
JK Jedi Master

It seems that its just around 37-45 year old Soccer Moms.
Except for being a mom I fit that description. I am 37 - 45 and I do have an 8 year old kiddo that plays soccer, goes to Girl Scouts, and a variety of other events. But that is not the only life for our Jeep as we will do other fun things as time and money allow.
I will add that I used the winch on the front of our "soccer mom" JK to try and pull some fence posts out of the ground. I did however succeed in dragging the Jeep closer to the fence.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:40 PM
JK Freak

Default Call me old fashioned but...

... its just around 37-45 year old Soccer Moms. And they all have Saharas! ...
Believe it or not, there will come a day when you'll want to see that!!
Old 05-27-2007, 03:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AZToad
Believe it or not, there will come a day when you'll want to see that!!
The voice of expereance.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:52 PM
JK Newbie

EVERY other JK unlimited I have seen, has been a Soccer Mom driving it. It seems that its just around 37-45 year old Soccer Moms. And they all have Saharas! They are always *Insert Swear word of your Choice here* clean and have little kids out of them.

I did see 1 though where I live. A Black Rubi with a PureJeep Stubby front bumper and some man driving it. And it had mud on it!

It just seems that the JK is falling into Minivan Territory, even with these Gas prices...
Uhh... this is utterly ridiculous! Your mom's Jeep is still 100% stock according to you. Just because she drives through some mud puddles once in a while doesn't make it any better or worse than someone who keeps their Jeep clean. Keeping the mud and grime from caking up on the Jeep protects the paint, keeps the underbody from rusting, and keeps seals and bearings from wearing early. My 30 something wife who also drives the Jeep, can probably out-wheel some guys out there and do a better job spotting than anyone I have seen! Besides always being on time in the JK to pick up the kiddies! (Obviously you have never had to wrestle a tired toddler into a car seat of a 2-door vehicle!)

Last edited by JKDude07; 05-27-2007 at 03:55 PM.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ha FR-- I am NO Soccer mom.....nope...

37-40...wrongo!!

Last edited by JKGirl; 05-27-2007 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:06 PM
JK Newbie

How old are u FR? I'm guessing 14,maybe 15? How can you about anything about who should own a JK ? Seems you're not even old enough to own one going by your posts. My wife is 36 and wants a 4-door JK. She doesn't plan to go off road. She's a self proclaimed soccer mom. By all means please tell her she shouldn't own one. Pretty sure you'd need dentures afterwards.lol!!!

Quick Reply: One thing really pisses me off about the JK