Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

One thing really pisses me off about the JK

Old 05-27-2007, 11:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One thing really pisses me off about the JK

EVERY other JK unlimited I have seen, has been a Soccer Mom driving it. It seems that its just around 37-45 year old Soccer Moms. And they all have Saharas! They are always *Insert Swear word of your Choice here* clean and have little kids out of them.

I did see 1 though where I live. A Black Rubi with a PureJeep Stubby front bumper and some man driving it. And it had mud on it!

It just seems that the JK is falling into Minivan Territory, even with these Gas prices...
Old 05-27-2007, 11:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Jeep is for everyone to buy.....there is no rule book saying Jeep is only for men who loves Mud....
Old 05-27-2007, 11:53 AM
JK Newbie

the 4 dr wrangler provided the Jeep pure with a vehicle that carries more people and gear...but now appeals to a wider audience. The Jeep Cherokee was the rugged mini van of the North east for soccer moms. Security of 4WD in the winter and able to hold kids and kids suff. The Wrangler now adds all that and a convertible. But we all know that there are just as many soccer dads as moms out there who want a 4wd but never dream of using it for its capabilities.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by FRDesign
EVERY other JK unlimited I have seen, has been a Soccer Mom driving it. It seems that its just around 37-45 year old Soccer Moms. And they all have Saharas! They are always *Insert Swear word of your Choice here* clean and have little kids out of them.

I did see 1 though where I live. A Black Rubi with a PureJeep Stubby front bumper and some man driving it. And it had mud on it!

It just seems that the JK is falling into Minivan Territory, even with these Gas prices...
You have to remember FR, that alot of those that can buy a JK have kids that are still involved in other sport not just wheelin. They at least have a jeep and I would bet that alot of them wheel them, you just haven't seen them dirty. They aren't falling into the minivan territory, there are to many other SUVs out there that are much better for packing kids and there stuff around then a JK unlimited. You are always going to have some who buy Jeep JK's just because they want to own one. Why would it Pi$$ you off. It's thier JK not yours? I think they can do what ever they want with it. When you get old enough to buy one, I'm sure you wouldn't want people being mad at you because you chose to take your kids to a soccer game in it, Would You?
Old 05-27-2007, 11:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bim6180
Jeep is for everyone to buy.....there is no rule book saying Jeep is only for men who loves Mud....
Very True
Old 05-27-2007, 12:22 PM
JK Freak

you said it makes you mad that you only see 37-45 yr old moms driving them... so how old is your mom? And does it make you mad that she owns the JK Sahara??? Just seems like youre being a little contradictory here.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:26 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Not a soccer mom

Originally Posted by bim6180

When I told my mother what I was getting, she called it the Soccer mom mini van of Colorado (that is where she lives)
I was kind of insulted.

I bought my first Jeep because I simply wanted one - it was a dream ever since I learned how to drive- the second one was for the same reason- however I upgraded from a 4 banger to a straight 6 -It was wonderful -lifted and more articulated than the last...but I only had it for 2 years and then it was attacked by a killer tree-
After that, I had a Mercedes for 2 years (what the heck was I thinking?-)and found myself stranded at times during the winter where I live... and missed the places that I could go in a Jeep...
...So I decided that cars are lame...
I bought the JK mainly because of the above reason but also was thrilled at the size change and progression Jeep has made to improve 4x4 performance.

Yes, My jeep does get muddy, and it looks sooo cool that way...
Though honestly, I prefer to keep it spiffy when I am not playing in it and just going to work or running errands.

Last edited by Dizzyliz; 05-27-2007 at 12:29 PM.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:35 PM
JK Jedi

Default Non 4X4 people

I think some people buy the Jeep because price wise, it is quite affordable- and versatile.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not all women with a JK unlimited sahara are soccer moms.

First off I'm an off road girl at heart and I'm taking it off road the first chance I get. Second I like to keep it clean to show off the beautiful RedRock paint that I paid extra for. Third I have no kids and wanted a 4x4 that could tackle the 20+ inches of snow in Colorado without hesitation... The JK was a perfect solution when I wanted to ditch my Murano for Muscle...
Old 05-27-2007, 12:46 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Captain Jack
Not all women with a JK unlimited sahara are soccer moms.

First off I'm an off road girl at heart and I'm taking it off road the first chance I get. Second I like to keep it clean to show off the beautiful RedRock paint that I paid extra for. Third I have no kids and wanted a 4x4 that could tackle the 20+ inches of snow in Colorado without hesitation... The JK was a perfect solution when I wanted to ditch my Murano for Muscle...

High 5 Captain Jack!

I am not a soccer mom either-
Hallelujah - my only child drives herself now

Quick Reply: One thing really pisses me off about the JK