Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

One more reason I drive a Jeep

Old 07-07-2010, 05:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One more reason I drive a Jeep

Like many cities in the southwest, Houston at times gets more than its fair share of rainfall. Last Friday we were hit with some of the outer bands from Hurricane Alex, the rain started around 12:00pm and didn't quit until 6pm. Below are a few pics of me just trying to leave the office and the nightmare at Hobby Airport where I was picking up some family for the holiday weekend.

Holy Hell, I never realized how deep I was until I noticed my passenger fender in the bottom left corner of this pic!

These are from Hobby Airport

Having the Jeep probably saved me over an hour and a half in traffic. It was a flood like this two years ago that was a prime factor in my decision to purchase a Wrangler.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:58 AM
JK Freak

wow, great pics there

Alfy
Old 07-07-2010, 06:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HAI KEVIN!!!

So finally you show me the pictures you were talking about. Lucky for me after lunch last week I got to higher ground. I actually worried a bit that since you were gonna be on that side of town for a while longer if you would get stuck in the notorious Houston floods.

That mustang btw. he is F*ed, so F*ing F*ed! Could probably say the same for that silver car too.

After eating that BBQ for lunch, I was ready to book it outta there, it was coming down pretty hard.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

WOW! I grew up in Houston. I remember everytime it rained, UH would turn into an island and it was impossible to reach I-45 to get out of there.

If I had owned my Jeeps then, would've been no problem.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:25 AM
JK Jedi

wow...that is a flood! Looks like you could invest in a Snorkel and extend your Breathers for some deep water travels...BTW great pictures!!! Also, you may want to check your Diff's for water...as it looks like you may have gone over your breather tubes in that 2nd photo.

Last edited by RevyJKU08; 07-07-2010 at 08:27 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow. Thats wild. Great pictures.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah I'll be checking the diffs tonight, frankly I had not realized how deep I was on the passenger side until my GF e-mailed me the pics this morning. On a side note, once I reached the end of the flooded section there was a group of people with flooded cars getting pulled out. Since they were blocking the entire road I had to traverse a ditch "wall" to get around them and back onto the road. I overheard one of the stranded guys say "Man, I need to get one of those!". LOL.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:54 AM
JK Freak

I cannot understand why you did not get out, wade back a bit and take photos of the Jeep in the water.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Work in Progress - JK
I cannot understand why you did not get out, wade back a bit and take photos of the Jeep in the water.
If I wanted to get wet I would have taken the GF's Mini Cooper
Old 07-07-2010, 09:20 AM
JK Newbie

Only in a Jeep

Quick Reply: One more reason I drive a Jeep