Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

OMG....I hit her bumper.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:46 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by 07JKX
... double jeopardy pertains to being tried twice for the same crime meaning same incident...
Double jeopardy applies to being tried twice for the same incident within the same jurisdiction. So maybe she could get this moved to federal court. After all, it seems to be an international incident, what with yaks and all involved.

To OP, apologies for making light of your situation. By all means talk to your insurance agent, file a report with your side of the story, and seek his advice for further action.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Double jeopardy applies to being tried twice for the same incident within the same jurisdiction. So maybe she could get this moved to federal court. After all, it seems to be an international incident, what with yaks and all involved.

To OP, apologies for making light of your situation. By all means talk to your insurance agent, file a report with your side of the story, and seek his advice for further action.
From OP.:ro tflmao2::rotflmao 2::rot flmao2::rotflmao2 :
Old 11-08-2008, 01:31 AM
JK Freak

Let us know how everything turned out whenever that may be.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:05 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Smelt_1
I was at a red light a block from my house and there was a car in front of me. I think I was a little close and may have actually tapped her from behind. I did not feel it but it may have happened. She get out of her car and says..."you hit me" I get out to look. As you know how the stock bumper is made. If it did hit, it would have been the part that sticks out a little more. Shes looks at her bumper ...and so do I. There are a few scuffs and a little 1/4 inch paintless spot (she had a white bumper) and shes trying to figure out which blemish was made by my bumer. I'm looking....and came to the conclusion that no way I did any of it. First off...if my bumper did touch hers.....it would have had to been .5 mph or slower. Pluys any of the marks on her bumper did not coincide with my bumper. I'm thinking ..this chick is nutz! I try to stay cool and explain a little physics to her. LOL! Bottom line........I gave her my drivers liscense and she took down my info....saying that she probably will not do any follow up....but just in case there is damage she can't see....or whatever. I say......whatever lady.

Well a week later she leaves a message on my front house door...saying to call her. I call her and she non challantly says it is going to cost 350 bucks to fix her bumper. By now ...I'm ready to crawl throught he phone wire and strangle her. I say to her there is no way I caused any of the marks on her bumper.I say...what ever..and hang up. She calls back saying "don't hang up on me! If that is the way you want to handle it I'll go to the incurance companys and you'll end up paying more." Actually I don't remember what she exactly said...I just hung up again. What a kook! Now I'm wondering what this wacko is gonna do next. She does not have my insurance co info, and no way I'm going to let her try to suck off my insurance policy if I can help it. My next move should be.......?????????
it sounds like you were going way to slow to cause any real noticable damage. if you really did hit her by accident by going that slow there really should not be much damage.Was there a dent ? What was she driving ? It may sound like she is trying to get a free ride and nail it on you. Good luck.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hurry: now is the chance to get a lift then the marks will match up
Old 11-08-2008, 03:04 PM
JK Newbie

Did you get pictures when the accident occured? This will help you if it goes to court. Expecially if their is damage that occured after the accident occured.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:51 PM
JK Freak

I see tim finally got banned.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default holly shite

i think i'd file charges on the kook beotch fer stalkin'
Old 11-09-2008, 04:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd be more concerned about this chick showing up at your house. You didn't give her your insurance info, but you gave her your address???
Old 11-09-2008, 11:02 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by benmar2000
Yeah.. I saw that.. He was such a troll..
You can call him a troll if you want. I'll call him an a$$hole.

I apologize to the OP. I just had to get that out. Good luck with the crazy b!tch. Please keep us updated as well.

Quick Reply: OMG....I hit her bumper.