Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

OMG....I hit her bumper.

Old 11-06-2008, 01:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

..any way... if the lady left without asking for your insurance, she should have no case because she claimed there was no damage. but if she does find a way to get you i would use this as an excuse to lift and put bigger tires on your Jeep ASAP. if the marks don't line up, than there's no proof!
Old 11-06-2008, 01:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
..any way... if the lady left without asking for your insurance, she should have no case because she claimed there was no damage. but if she does find a way to get you i would use this as an excuse to lift and put bigger tires on your Jeep ASAP. if the marks don't line up, than there's no proof!
...freaking brilliant...defendant could show pictures lined up to the plaintiffs rear car bumper showing the height distance and say " your honor there is no way"...case dismissed

good job Yama......hmmmm ....ya know Yama sounds like Lama....
Old 11-06-2008, 01:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

You may want to read up on your insurance laws... In some states, damages under a certain amount, are fixed by ones own insurance company...
Old 11-06-2008, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

So that is what I saw running across the street. A Yak! It did have its balls hanging pretty low, actually dragging on the pavement. That is a telltale sign!
I'll be damded if I ever stop in the road and swap names/phone numbers etc with horny chichs again! Your honor......she wanted to go out on a date when she saw that my jeep had a f*ck swing on the back roll bar.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:53 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Smelt_1
So that is what I saw running across the street. A Yak! It did have its balls hanging pretty low, actually dragging on the pavement. That is a telltale sign!
No, That was SAS....
Old 11-06-2008, 01:59 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The whole situation is on your side. ANY insurance company will tell you no matter WHAT, ALWAYS file a police report. Without a report, it's her word against yours.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As a general rule, any time anyone claims you hit their car, call the Police. You call. Tell the 911 operator that the other driver is falsely claiming you hit their car. All 911 calls are recorded. Make sure the cop knows it was you who called. The Officer will examine the cars and if the Officer suspects the one claiming to have been hit is lying, he will send them on their way, or if he believes that they are deliberately trying to defraud you, he may charge them with filing a false Police report. Cops have seen it all, they will examine both vehicles carefully.

Exchange no information with the other driver unless the cop asks or tells you to.

If your bumper shows no damage and the damage on the other car does not even line up with your bumper, the other driver may be in trouble. Ask the cop if you can have her charged. State laws may vary, but filing a false Police report is illegal in all 50 states.

A few years ago, my wife and I were sitting at a red light when a young girl bumped into the back of us. I signaled her to follow me and after the light changed, we pulled into a bank parking lot. I examined my bumper and there was no damage. Not even a rub mark. Okay, that's good. Her old Neon, on the other hand, had a beat up front bumper and a sizable dent in the driver side rear door. I was about to go over and tell her to go on her way, when my wife overheard the young lady talking to someone on her cell phone. She stated that we had backed up into her... Big red flag.

I walked over to her and told her not to leave, then I dialed 911 and asked for a sector car to stop by. About 5 minutes later, a cop arrives. I identified myself as the caller and explained what had happened, including her phone conversation. The cop then asked the girl what happened and she stated that we had backed into her. The cop wasn't buying it. He grilled her for a few minutes and her story wasn't consistent. He came back and asked for my license and insurance card, "She's clearly lying to me", he said as he scanned the paperwork.

I gave him those and my PBA card (my brother is a Deputy in the same county). "you should have given me this earlier", he said.

"I didn't want to influence you that way." The cop smiled and walked to the Neon.

He wrote up a report, stating that the Neon had bumped into us and that there was no damage to our vehicle or any additional damage to the Neon. He then wrote the girl a ticket for an expired inspection sticker. The cop told her that she was fortunate that he didn't arrest her for making false statements during a accident investigation.

No information was exchanged between the us and the girl.

We went about our business and nothing more came of it.

My regards,

Widewing
Old 11-06-2008, 04:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Widewing
As a general rule, any time anyone claims you hit their car, call the Police. You call. Tell the 911 operator that the other driver is falsely claiming you hit their car. All 911 calls are recorded. Make sure the cop knows it was you who called. The Officer will examine the cars and if the Officer suspects the one claiming to have been hit is lying, he will send them on their way, or if he believes that they are deliberately trying to defraud you, he may charge them with filing a false Police report. Cops have seen it all, they will examine both vehicles carefully.

Exchange no information with the other driver unless the cop asks or tells you to.

If your bumper shows no damage and the damage on the other car does not even line up with your bumper, the other driver may be in trouble. Ask the cop if you can have her charged. State laws may vary, but filing a false Police report is illegal in all 50 states.

A few years ago, my wife and I were sitting at a red light when a young girl bumped into the back of us. I signaled her to follow me and after the light changed, we pulled into a bank parking lot. I examined my bumper and there was no damage. Not even a rub mark. Okay, that's good. Her old Neon, on the other hand, had a beat up front bumper and a sizable dent in the driver side rear door. I was about to go over and tell her to go on her way, when my wife overheard the young lady talking to someone on her cell phone. She stated that we had backed up into her... Big red flag.

I walked over to her and told her not to leave, then I dialed 911 and asked for a sector car to stop by. About 5 minutes later, a cop arrives. I identified myself as the caller and explained what had happened, including her phone conversation. The cop then asked the girl what happened and she stated that we had backed into her. The cop wasn't buying it. He grilled her for a few minutes and her story wasn't consistent. He came back and asked for my license and insurance card, "She's clearly lying to me", he said as he scanned the paperwork.

I gave him those and my PBA card (my brother is a Deputy in the same county). "you should have given me this earlier", he said.

"I didn't want to influence you that way." The cop smiled and walked to the Neon.

He wrote up a report, stating that the Neon had bumped into us and that there was no damage to our vehicle or any additional damage to the Neon. He then wrote the girl a ticket for an expired inspection sticker. The cop told her that she was fortunate that he didn't arrest her for making false statements during a accident investigation.

No information was exchanged between the us and the girl.

We went about our business and nothing more came of it.

My regards,

Widewing
Awesome , learned something new today about calling 911 to have it recorded...great post, thanks.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Sure... all this information is great BUT....

What if the yak was here on a work visa or just vacationing? Make a difference? hmmmm
Old 11-06-2008, 09:32 PM
JK Newbie

If you gave a Yak a green card, wouldn't he just eat it?

Quick Reply: OMG....I hit her bumper.