Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

OMG....I hit her bumper.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This reminds me of a case I dealt with 30 frigggin years ago. I was riding my MC (BSA) down a street when someone pulled out of a parallel parking spot. I got my leg out of the way, but his bumper corner hit my side engine case and shattered it. I had to file at small claims court to try to get anything out of him. He didn't show up for court, so they suspended his liscense. Never heard from anyone again....and never got a cent. I'm sure he went on driving without a hitch.

I like the dead squirrel idea a lot.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Smelt_1
This reminds me of a case I dealt with 30 frigggin years ago. I was riding my MC (BSA) down a street when someone pulled out of a parallel parking spot. I got my leg out of the way, but his bumper corner hit my side engine case and shattered it. I had to file at small claims court to try to get anything out of him. He didn't show up for court, so they suspended his liscense. Never heard from anyone again....and never got a cent. I'm sure he went on driving without a hitch.

I like the dead squirrel idea a lot.
well what am I minced meat? ...."oh your welcome SAS, thanks a lot for the ProBono legal representation:...it wasn't easy coming up with the Yak thing either mind you...cuz mostly Yaks are in the Tibetian mountains
Old 11-06-2008, 11:40 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH
Ok this is fun, so if I were his attorney Vs. you as her attorney (not arguing, but literally this is cool, here) someone volunteer as judge in this thread excpet the poster and lets see who wins.

As Smelt_1's attorney ( that's just wrong) ....I am contending my clients innocence in this case. Ultimately the only information provided was a contact # and no insurance information which was fine by the Plaintiff because she could not find any real damage convincing her to call the Police and file a report of damage caused by the Defendant. The mere act of the Defendant exiting his vehicle to figure out why the Plaintiff was standing behind her vehicle is not an admission of guilt, perhaps a small Yak had ran between the two vehicles and the Defendant was simply joining the Plaintiff's investigation in a potential Yak/bumper incident.

We hereby declare this case to be a waste of the Defendants time and respectfully as the court for a dismisal.
Judge... Sasquatch is practicing law without a license in violation of both Federal and State laws and therefore any tesitmony provided herein is invalid. Motion for incarceration of Sasquatch and for title transfer of his JK to 07JKX.

Oh... and my client is crying... so she is obviously telling the truth. Motion for attorneys fees in the amount of 5000.00 for further modification of said Jeep. I further request that an award of 2500.00 be issued to Plaintiff for emotional distress.

<deputy arrests sasquatch and hands me signed title to JK>

anyone else wanna fight?
Old 11-06-2008, 11:44 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash
you and your Yaks.

Option 2 for Smelt.....NO DOUBLE JEOPARDY

pay her and then chase her down and hit her car. Since you paid for it already, when you didnt hit it, then it makes you even. (try to make sure shes standing behind her car at the time of the incident)
doesn't quite work that way... double jeopardy pertains to being tried twice for the same crime meaning same incident... so its only criminal cases that it is applied to.

that would be, however, aggravated assault or attempted murder... which in that case, smelt can title over his JK to 07JKX
Old 11-06-2008, 12:02 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 07JKX
doesn't quite work that way... double jeopardy pertains to being tried twice for the same crime meaning same incident... so its only criminal cases that it is applied to.

that would be, however, aggravated assault or attempted murder... which in that case, smelt can title over his JK to 07JKX
True, as that is common knowledge.

However, in a land of yaks and squirrel heads, where fiction is our main course of attack, creative license may be taken to allow criminal and civil statutes to coincide.

But youre right...you should get the title to something...maybe her white car with the messed up bumper.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 07JKX
Judge... Sasquatch is practicing law without a license in violation of both Federal and State laws and therefore any tesitmony provided herein is invalid. Motion for incarceration of Sasquatch and for title transfer of his JK to 07JKX.

Oh... and my client is crying... so she is obviously telling the truth. Motion for attorneys fees in the amount of 5000.00 for further modification of said Jeep. I further request that an award of 2500.00 be issued to Plaintiff for emotional distress.

<deputy arrests sasquatch and hands me signed title to JK>

anyone else wanna fight?
Oh yeahh!!!! SAS Vs 07JKX

your sinking buddy

Old 11-06-2008, 12:23 PM
JK Junkie

your sinking buddy

THATS AWESOME!!!
Old 11-06-2008, 12:34 PM
JK Junkie

your sinking buddy

Oh man I almost pissed my pants when I saw this
Old 11-06-2008, 12:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by N2rock
AHA!!! It's all coming together for me now!

Yak- Tibetan mtns
Bigfoot/Sasquatch- distant relative of the Yeti
Yeti- Tibetan mtns

The following formula calulates into:
Yak- Tibetan mtns
Bigfoot/Sasquatch- distant relative of the Yeti
Yeti- Tibetan mtns

______________ (divided by 3, carry the 2, squared = YAKQUATCH

Old 11-06-2008, 12:57 PM
JK Junkie

Now I have to go home, I really pissed my pants this time