Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

OK skibum...only people with red ones!!

Old 06-02-2007, 08:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AZCA jeeper
I knew Oregonians hated Californians, but I don't know why. please enlighten me.
I didn't say anything about hating anyone. I just see them coming up here and driving the housing prices way out of the reach of the people that grew up here and build this state. Now outsiders come up and instead of just coming in and making friends and seeing how we live, they turn it into what they were leaving down there. I don't get it. I'm sorry. Like I said I don't hate any of them, I just think they should have become Oregonians instead of making everyone mad by trying to change our state into what they think it should be. I don't know if this helps explain it or not. It's the best I can do with out just talking to you. It's alot harder to explain over a few typed word. This is my opinion of course. I am a native Oregonian so I'm a little put out by people no matter where they come from. I don't want them changing my State. I hope no one takes offense to his, I'm just trying to answer AZCA jeepers question.
Did I do it AZCA??
Old 06-02-2007, 08:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rupedog
I didn't say anything about hating anyone. I just see them coming up here and driving the housing prices way out of the reach of the people that grew up here and build this state. Now outsiders come up and instead of just coming in and making friends and seeing how we live, they turn it into what they were leaving down there. I don't get it. I'm sorry. Like I said I don't hate any of them, I just think they should have become Oregonians instead of making everyone mad by trying to change our state into what they think it should be. I don't know if this helps explain it or not. It's the best I can do with out just talking to you. It's alot harder to explain over a few typed word. This is my opinion of course. I am a native Oregonian so I'm a little put out by people no matter where they come from. I don't want them changing my State. I hope no one takes offense to his, I'm just trying to answer AZCA jeepers question.
Did I do it AZCA??
Uh yeah I get the general concept. I'm sorry, hate is such a strong word. "Dislike" would have fit much better. I understand where you are coming from. Down here, we have the immigration problem. The Latinos (must be politically correct) come up here illegally and then expect free services. The neighborhoods they form grow a little bit bigger, and bigger, and bigger. I like to call S. Phoenix Little Mexico. Sure they take jobs that many Americans won't, but then they mooch off of the system and get free healthcare, and welfare. I don't mind people waiting to come to America legally. That's what we are, a melting pot. I know there are many people from many different countries that are illegal, but the Latinos make up the vast majority of illegal immigrants. UGHHHHHHH!!!! Don't get me started.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:03 PM
JK Freak

Default Oh MY!!!

Didn't I get access just in time for some fun!!

Ok - yes we are down here and yes it is beautiful and the weather is great but I'm frustrated (no - the wife is along) about what happened -

at least until I ready this!!!

Yikes! What a candidate - speaking his mind - in writing!!!! That's why were all supporting you!

GO FOR IT!!!!

AZCA - you sure you're safe???

ps - been taking lots of pics but can't upload them here...wish I could have gotten some shots of the problems today though...
Old 06-02-2007, 09:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AZToad
Didn't I get access just in time for some fun!!

Ok - yes we are down here and yes it is beautiful and the weather is great but I'm frustrated (no - the wife is along) about what happened -

at least until I ready this!!!

Yikes! What a candidate - speaking his mind - in writing!!!! That's why were all supporting you!

GO FOR IT!!!!

AZCA - you sure you're safe???

ps - been taking lots of pics but can't upload them here...wish I could have gotten some shots of the problems today though...
Actually, I'm not sure if it's safe. I was in no way out of line. I was just speaking my thoughts on an issue that is prevalent here. If anyone has a problem with what I said, please send me a PM.

BTW, what problem?

Last edited by AZCA jeeper; 06-02-2007 at 09:17 PM.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:18 PM
JK Freak

Actually, I'm not sure if it's safe. I was in no way out of line. I was just speaking my thoughts on an issue that is previlant here. If anyone has a problem with what I said, please send me a PM.

BTW, what problem?
Safe - in your neighborhood! I think about 80% of the folks in the Phoenix area agree with you. It's just the governor and her supporters don't!

Needless to say we are south of the border - only close beach! It has been great weather - we expected lots of humidity but it hasn't been bad.

Our problems were my ignorance of deep sand play. Tried getting up Cholla peak and haven't been successful. Was told I need to drop the pressure further on my tires and will probably try that tomorrow. It was ugly!
Old 06-02-2007, 09:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Safe - in your neighborhood! I think about 80% of the folks in the Phoenix area agree with you. It's just the governor and her supporters don't!

Needless to say we are south of the border - only close beach! It has been great weather - we expected lots of humidity but it hasn't been bad.

Our problems were my ignorance of deep sand play. Tried getting up Cholla peak and haven't been successful. Was told I need to drop the pressure further on my tires and will probably try that tomorrow. It was ugly!
Oh yeah the deep sand thingy. 12-15psi will do you fine.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:50 PM
JK Freak

Default As long as ....

Oh yeah the deep sand thingy. 12-15psi will do you fine.
I can figure a way to get them re-inflated prior to towing!

If the humilation weren't bad enough - then my 5 year old broke the toilet - of course after using it too!

What a night!
Old 06-02-2007, 10:01 PM
JK Super Freak

I can figure a way to get them re-inflated prior to towing!

If the humilation weren't bad enough - then my 5 year old broke the toilet - of course after using it too!

What a night!
Wait, you re-inflated the toilet and towed the 5 year old behind the RV, or was it you re-inflated the RV and towed the toilet with the 5 year old on it? I'm confused.:toung:

Just Joking. I remember an old trick where you use a spark plug and you can get air from it. But I don't think that will work considering it's a new jeep and it probably won't have enough pressure. It depends on how far you need to go. I'm sure it would be fine at that lower pressure on the trailer until you reach a gas station that has air.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:31 PM
JK Freak

It depends on how far you need to go. I'm sure it would be fine at that lower pressure on the trailer until you reach a gas station that has air.
There in lies the rub - no trailer - we tow the Jeep with all 4 down. If I can't find anything here - it is a good 96 miles or so to Why before I know I could get a hold of something reasonable.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:36 PM
JK Freak

Default Wish I could say I was off to one of those secret missions but...

I figured out how he broke the toilet. Now I need to find a way to fix it!

This is the one in the motorhome so this could get interesting ...

take care!

Quick Reply: OK skibum...only people with red ones!!