Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

OK, I just Have to ask ...

Old 07-09-2010, 05:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is a lease. The reason I did that is that this is my first Jeep and frankly they didn't have a great rep in my book.

However I thought it looked like a blast to have one so I leased it on the basis that I'd see what it was like and buy it out if I liked it that much. It actually kind of backfired on me because I like it so much, I'm going to return it in 2 years and pick up a new Rubi. I know I can mod mine up but I kinda like the idea of starting fresh with a Rubi.

Speaking of mods: I've lightly modded mine with a levelling kit, a set of Spidertrax spacers, a set of BFG KM's and some off road lights. In other words, nothing I can't take off in one day when the time comes to swap it out.

Cheers.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought the Jeep, also the extended warranty. Not sure why I always get the ext. warranty on a new purchase, because I always end up heading back to the dealership to cancel it (3rd time) Maybe just piece of mind driving off the stealership after making a big purchase??
Whatever the case, after driving a few days, I always get ictchy to personalize the vehicles(mods) I cant stand BONE STOCK. If its a lift, turbo, headers, exhaust.....thats when I question why I just paid for an extended warranty again?!?
On a new vehicle, I just try to stick to the "easy bolt offs" for at least a few thousand miles just to get a feel for the motor or overall reliability of the vehicle before starting any major mods and I have to really question if I voided the damn warranty?
As for this Jeep, any mods I would do on it, Im sure the next owner would want it anyway, cause he'll/she'll be family...its gonna be a keeper for life, my kid will probably enjoy the hemi more than I will cause its gonna be a while til I can convince the lady why I need to dig into the savings for the JK

Quick Reply: OK, I just Have to ask ...