Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Oil consumption "fix"

Old 05-06-2011, 01:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So are they claiming the compression test messed the the plug wire or the guy that pulled the wire messed it up?

Anyway, have them perform a leak down test also (you might get a new set of wires if they keep up what they're doing ) and see what the loss percentage is and where the leak is coming from.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:05 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by thrshr01
So are they claiming the compression test messed the the plug wire or the guy that pulled the wire messed it up?

Anyway, have them perform a leak down test also (you might get a new set of wires if they keep up what they're doing ) and see what the loss percentage is and where the leak is coming from.
The head service guy took my jeep away from all the mechanics and said he is gonna be the only one working on it. An hour later He came to me and said. The previous guy put your spark plugs in wrong. That's fixed. Now let's figure out this oil thing. So in 300 miles. If I'm still consuming. The rad service manager guy is gonna completely rip my engine apart and figure out exactly what is wrong.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sringer
Montana isn't as rural as you think. There are like 5 or so near me.
Shows what I know. Anyway, I would try one of the other 5 if they still can't get it figured out after the tear down, it sure wouldn't hurt at this point. I would be worried about that bunch tearing my engine down to be honest with you. I hope someone gets it figured out for you.

Put the spark plugs in wrong?,..........really? Wow.

Last edited by benny; 05-06-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:22 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by benny

Put the spark plugs in wrong?,..........really? Wow.
I know. That's what I said. And honestly...yes it worries me. But I have a good warranty. So whatever they do to mess it up, will get fixed
Old 06-12-2011, 11:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Any new news on your oil consumption?
Old 06-12-2011, 05:43 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
i hate taking the jeep in for anything ! the less you go to the dealers the better off youl be ! id rather feed it oil than be going back and forth with a lost cause
definitely never buying another chrysler after reading everyones troubles and having my own problems , my wish was that i bought somthing else i think like a pick up ! these things seem like one trouble after another ! wonder why so many are loyal to the jeep when every one seems to be having problems !
I love my jeep. Topless and doorless is amazing. They fixed the spark plug problem. And my jeep goes in tomoro to get the engine ripped out and torn apart. Wish it luck!
Old 06-12-2011, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Good luck

Sounds like you are going to be out of your jeep for a while. That sucks, I hope they fix it. Good luck
Old 06-12-2011, 10:16 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 07jeeper
Sounds like you are going to be out of your jeep for a while. That sucks, I hope they fix it. Good luck
Thanks! They need it tomoro afternoon so it can have enough time to sit. Then first thing Tuesday morning they will rip the engine out. Then tear it apart. Then they will call the adjustor from Zurich an have him come look (takes 2 days) then assuming he approves the claim. They will order the parts they need (takes 3 days) then they will install the new parts or new motor. Then they will have it back to me
Old 06-13-2011, 05:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks! They need it tomoro afternoon so it can have enough time to sit. Then first thing Tuesday morning they will rip the engine out. Then tear it apart. Then they will call the adjustor from Zurich an have him come look (takes 2 days) then assuming he approves the claim. They will order the parts they need (takes 3 days) then they will install the new parts or new motor. Then they will have it back to me
You sir, have nerves of steel. I hope a service floor which cannot properly install a spark plug can finally do right by you. It is a darn shame you have to go through all this crap.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:20 AM
JK Newbie

They only work thru a Chrysler dealer. I tried. I inured putting silicone in there would be bad. But it's Montana. They don't care. I've been here 4+ hrs now. Letting them fix what they screwed. They claim that when they did the compression test it messed up a spark plug wire. So now they are replacing that wire. Then I should be good. If it is still messed up ten I'll show them your post. Thanks for this post by the way. It will be good to have him read
Who is telling you that a Zurich warranty is only good at a dealer! That is absolutely nor correct. Zurich warranties are good at any certified repair facility in the US. If you still have your paperwork from when you bought it, it should be in writing somewhere on the paperwork. Also, did the dealer sell you the warranty or did you buy it yourself from an outside source?

Quick Reply: Oil consumption "fix"