Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

oil change please help asap

Old 05-31-2007, 01:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordinary Mobil 1 is good for 7500 without doing anything. The oil companies won't tell you, but the car manufacturers have 7500 mile intervals on many dino oil cars, much less full synth. Get some Royal Purple or Amsoil, and generally you can go a year with the same oil, just changing the filter every now and then.
However, $30 every 6000 miles isn't much to pay for peace of mind.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Dr.McNinja
Ordinary Mobil 1 is good for 7500 without doing anything. The oil companies won't tell you, but the car manufacturers have 7500 mile intervals on many dino oil cars, much less full synth. Get some Royal Purple or Amsoil, and generally you can go a year with the same oil, just changing the filter every now and then.
However, $30 every 6000 miles isn't much to pay for peace of mind.
yeah i got the royal purple and went with the mobile 1 filter
Old 06-03-2007, 08:26 PM
JK Freak

Default documentation

Make certain that if you are performing your own oil changes, that you are documenting accordingly (what you are using, the date, and the milage on your Jeep). Some insurance companies have denied claims due to lack of docmentation, as well, dealerships can also deny you warranty if you are not keeping records.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

yeah i started my little file too
Old 06-04-2007, 06:30 AM
JK Newbie

The Jeep Engineers recommend changing oil every 3,000 miles even when using synthetic 5w-20 and extended life oil filter.

I read a post last week on another forum when they were having a Q&A with the Jeep Engineers. A question was asked regarding the 5.7 Hemi and 5w-20 synthetic oil usage... (FWIW) :question:
Old 06-04-2007, 07:42 AM
JK Super Freak

I am all about DIY but personally I am taking mine to the dealer at the recomended scheduled times for all maintainence untill the warrentee runs out. That way they have a record (as do I) and can't claim there is anything I did not do that caused a problem. As soon as the warentee runs out I will be doing my own so I appreciate all the info you guys are offering.

Quick Reply: oil change please help asap