Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Oh Thank God- Jeep did NOT make the list

Old 06-30-2008, 09:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh Thank God- Jeep did NOT make the list

From Yahoo- Story from Consumer Reports:
Top 10 vehicles for family travel

Consumer Reports recommendations for safe, comfortable, and reliable road-trip cars
http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/594/Top-10-vehicles-for-family-travel

Needless to say- Apparently the Jeep Unlimited is NOT on the top 10 list--- so thankfully may the jeep remain the utilitarian and rugged vehicle free from the unadulterated world of Soccer moms, SMUG hybrids crowd, and the forever changing yuppie crowd***.

***No offense to soccor moms, hybrid herd, or yuppies anywhere: and no PETA members were hurt during the making of this post
Old 07-01-2008, 03:55 AM
JK Super Freak

I don't know, I can't think of another vehicle I would have wanted to drive to Alaska and back.

And yes, 4 adults and all the accompanying luggage made the trip
Old 07-01-2008, 04:18 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by deconstructionist
From Yahoo- Story from Consumer Reports:
Top 10 vehicles for family travel

Consumer Reports recommendations for safe, comfortable, and reliable road-trip cars
http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/594/Top-10-vehicles-for-family-travel

Needless to say- Apparently the Jeep Unlimited is NOT on the top 10 list--- so thankfully may the jeep remain the utilitarian and rugged vehicle free from the unadulterated world of Soccer moms, SMUG hybrids crowd, and the forever changing yuppie crowd***.

***No offense to soccor moms, hybrid herd, or yuppies anywhere: and no PETA members were hurt during the making of this post
Well, you did say reliable so I guess that is why

Seriously though, the Unlimited is really tough to beat if you're going to take the family somewhere in (relative) comfort, and be able to go off the pavement with high confidence. I do see more and more "soccer mom" types driving them though
Old 07-01-2008, 05:16 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Compared to Jeeps in even in the recent past, the JKs are luxury vehicles.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:43 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Compared to Jeeps in even in the recent past, the JKs are luxury vehicles.
Now that is a statement that hard to argue with...though not entirely impossible At least we dont (......yet?) have heated/cooled drink holders But I'll give ya' this one as I thought it over the top when the wife demanded that we get the Power Convience package....and then my buddy said to get the heated seats They just dont get it!!!! LOL! But the wife won...my buddy didn't. So now I'm lazy with a cold butt
Old 07-01-2008, 01:31 PM
JK Freak

I recently returned from an 820 mile road trip around Pennsylvania with my family and a week's worth of cargo. My JK Unlimited was the perfect vehicle for the drive.

Any of the vehicles in that list have removable Freedom panels?
Old 07-01-2008, 02:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Let's see drive all day, get a good night sleep, go wheeling all day burn 1/3 tank of gas going 20 miles getting 6 MPG per the clock.

Then go get a shower eat dinner go to bed and drive next day all day home.

Listen to NASCAR all day while wheeling.

So I get luxery and wheeling, so it makes my top 10 list. Plus I make the payments so only my vote counts.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:34 PM
JK Newbie

My Jeep is just over a year old. And Just hit 8k. 5k of which are from 3 road trips. All have been very comfortable, a bit slow, but comfortable.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:40 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by green4x4
My Jeep is just over a year old. And Just hit 8k. .
Wow...I really must be rackin' them up...5months old and I'm already at 6500 give or take

Originally Posted by green4x4
a bit slow, but comfortable.
Try that Long Skinny pedal on the right... Push REAL hard with yer foot
Old 07-01-2008, 10:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drove cross country with a loaded 5x8 trailer, my wife and 2 great danes and loved every second of it. Great road trip vehicle.

Quick Reply: Oh Thank God- Jeep did NOT make the list