Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

OffRoad Insurance

Old 01-12-2010, 05:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry, skippman...I was told "no".
Progressive does, and it is my understanding that Allstate does also.
I tried the sponsors link, but his site doesnt work right, and he hasnt PMed me back.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nationwide

nationwide told me theyll cover damage when im offroad, i just have to pay the deductable, which is about 500.00 for major damage
Old 01-12-2010, 07:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had Progressive for a while. Never had a problem with them. I don't have a multi-line discount with State Farm since I sold my Miata so I might as well see what Progressive can do for me.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:20 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Skippman
You know I've done my research when it comes to comprehensive claims but I never actually worried about accidents off road. I just assumed it was industry standard to put the burden squarely on the shoulders of the insured in that instance, not the insurer.

I'm pretty confident I know the answer to this question is going to be "No" but does State Farm cover off road incidents?
I specifically asked my State Farm agent this when we bought the Jeep and he said that it is covered as long as I am not in an organized competitive event like a race.

I wonder if insurance agents are kind of like dealerships where some are just more off-road and mod friendly than others even though they are all representing the same company. I know my agent used to manage the dealership I bought the Jeep at so he knew exactly what I planned to do with it since he is a fellow Jeeper.

Last edited by Littlejon; 01-12-2010 at 08:28 AM.

Quick Reply: OffRoad Insurance