Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Offroad Evolution-Thank You!

Old 04-21-2010, 07:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Offroad Evolution-Thank You!

Hey I just wanted to post this up for everyone to see. I have PSC hyd assist steering on my jeep. I was going to leave for Moab on Tuesday morning with my son for EJS that just past.

I was giving my jeep a heavy check out before I left. On that Friday the week before leaving. I decided to change out my hyd hoses going to the ram. They were pretty tore up and I was driving the jeep all the way from Northern Cal to get there.

So I drained the system and changed the hyd hoses. Refilled it and bled out all the air out of the system. I went on PSC site for bleeding instructions. Printed them and went to work. For some reason, driving home my steering got hard. I drove it back to my shop and rebled the whole system. Still nothing.

I called Mel at EVO. He was busy himself trying to get everyone's jeeps ready for EJS himself included. He walked me thru bleeding it the way they do it. Told me to call him on Saturday if it didn't work.

Saturday morning, I got up confused as hell and totally nervous. You see I paid for the room in advance in full in Moab. My son was totally excited to go. And all I could think about is I screwed something up. And why did I even start this so close to going.

I went up to my shop and checked it all out again, drained it and started over. Still nothing but hard steering. So I called Mel and told him I'm screwed. This was at 10:30 am. He said he might have one but wasn't sure. 20 minutes later I got a call. He was overnighting me a brand new PSC pump. His own that he bought for his future build.

Lisa, Mel's wife told me it was going to be there guarenteed on Monday. And guys it was. I put it on and bled it. Bam steering came back. I got so excited. My wife just gave me that look. You know the one (you lucky bastard). Ha. We made Moab!

So I could have kept this to myself, but wanted everyone to hear it. You see I totally believe in customer service. Mel and Lisa and crew saved my ass. I just thought you guys that don't know them, or wonder why everyone rally's around them. Do it. I think they rock! I'm just there customer. Thanks Guys....................It had to be said Mel.

Mod's if this is in the wrong spot, please move it where it belongs. Thank You, Larry
Old 04-21-2010, 08:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Excellent! All too often we hear the gripes both legitimate and not but very few stories about above and beyond customer service. I guess angry people write more than happy people.

To EVO:
Old 04-22-2010, 06:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Old 04-23-2010, 05:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ARinmyJK
Excellent! All too often we hear the gripes both legitimate and not but very few stories about above and beyond customer service. I guess angry people write more than happy people.

To EVO:
That is so friggin true! Great customer service and I always go back. I had to tell everyone. Overnight on a Saturday! That's badass! Thank you guys.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:39 PM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Mel, Lisa and the entire Off Road Evolution twice now they've come through on short notice to help ensure I could make a planned run and I thank them for their excellent customer service! Also, anyone can be your best friend when they are selling you mods but it's the true cream of the crop that goes the extra mile when dealing with adversity! Both Mel and Lisa have done that for me as well and most recently in order to help me get ready for Moabl. Larry (jkdinker) I think there are a lot of us that ORE helped in getting our rigs ready for Moab and for that I will keep going to them for my Mods and keep telling others about their superior Customer Service to go along with their innovative product offerings!
Old 05-24-2010, 07:40 PM
JK Freak

Off Road Evolution rocks!!! I answered a trivia question on Facebook, got it right and received a sweet T-shirt and some stickers for free.

Quick Reply: Offroad Evolution-Thank You!