Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Offroad Evolution Coilovers getting installed this week!

Old 11-19-2010, 12:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Techd00d, I am so envious! I appreciate all your updates on the goings on at ORE. Currently I am forced to live vicariously thru your exploits and you picking up your JK since I am sitting in the Atlanta airport. By the looks of my JK in the photo you sent earlier, I may not be driving it home to Scottsdale. AZ on Monday. Oh well, I can wait another week or so, it will be worth the wait. Again, congrats on the upgrades and enjoy!
Old 11-19-2010, 01:27 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GCM 2
Techd00d, I am so envious! I appreciate all your updates on the goings on at ORE. Currently I am forced to live vicariously thru your exploits and you picking up your JK since I am sitting in the Atlanta airport. By the looks of my JK in the photo you sent earlier, I may not be driving it home to Scottsdale. AZ on Monday. Oh well, I can wait another week or so, it will be worth the wait. Again, congrats on the upgrades and enjoy!
Im living vicariously through both of you until I get my rig dialed in. I have been trading emails back and forth with Lisa at Evo, but I havent had time to make it up yet to finalize things. Good things in good time I guess
Old 11-19-2010, 02:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK Mikey
Im living vicariously through both of you until I get my rig dialed in. I have been trading emails back and forth with Lisa at Evo, but I havent had time to make it up yet to finalize things. Good things in good time I guess
I know what you are going thru, I waited about a year before I was able to pull the trigger on my EVO upgrades. So at this point if I have to wait another week or two, it's worth it. My rig is about 90% complete from what I can gather.

I still get pretty amped up even watching techd00d's upgrades and progress ofnhis build.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:14 PM
JK Freak

I know what you are going thru, I waited about a year before I was able to pull the trigger on my EVO upgrades. So at this point if I have to wait another week or two, it's worth it. My rig is about 90% complete from what I can gather.

I still get pretty amped up even watching techd00d's upgrades and progress ofnhis build.
yeah I hear you on that. I am not the most patient person especially when it concerns my Jeep, but I guess I dont have much choice at this point... My goal is to make sure I have things in order to do the Rubi run next summer at a minimum...
Old 11-19-2010, 02:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Still in Atlanta? I'll come pick you up for a little night wheeling
Old 11-19-2010, 02:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Lol!

Originally Posted by nickdandria
Still in Atlanta? I'll come pick you up for a little night wheeling
Thanks for the offer, but I'm finally on a plane out of Hotlanta and heading back to the desert southwest!
Old 11-19-2010, 03:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for the offer, but I'm finally on a plane out of Hotlanta and heading back to the desert southwest!
Lucky you! I'm sure you won't miss georgia one bit
Old 11-20-2010, 09:40 AM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by techd00d
Thanks guys. Really happy with it already. Rides great. Just got home with it. Felt real good, about 70miles, under 60mph on the freeway. Had to take it easy with the new gears so I'll know more the next 500miles or so.
Yeah, stock tire carrier. I'm still shopping for a rear bumper and carrier. Don't want to wait too long and bend the rear gate hinges.
I'll probably take more detailed pics tomorrow when I have more time and post them.
Dude looks really awesome thanks for sharing pics and update! I can guarantee that you'll love the ride and performance as ours is very similar to your setup!
Old 11-20-2010, 10:33 AM
JK Newbie

Got about 100 miles on it now just through first stage of breaking on the gears. Hope to play a little with it tomorrow. Got some horrible weather here right now though. I'll get some more pics of all the detail stuff to share as soon as it stops raining.

So far feels great. Ride is very smooth, especially in the front with the coilovers. Tires are very quiet, I think more so than then stock, which was a pleasant surprise. Hardly any tracking for 37's. They do stand very tall. Per Mel, the goodyears are very true to size, so I was surprised how big they were. I had 40"s on a truck I used to have and I swear these look just as tall.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by techd00d
Got about 100 miles on it now just through first stage of breaking on the gears. Hope to play a little with it tomorrow. Got some horrible weather here right now though. I'll get some more pics of all the detail stuff to share as soon as it stops raining.

So far feels great. Ride is very smooth, especially in the front with the coilovers. Tires are very quiet, I think more so than then stock, which was a pleasant surprise. Hardly any tracking for 37's. They do stand very tall. Per Mel, the goodyears are very true to size, so I was surprised how big they were. I had 40"s on a truck I used to have and I swear these look just as tall.
That thing looks awesome.

Quick Reply: Offroad Evolution Coilovers getting installed this week!