Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Off road Insuracne Coverage??

Old 12-13-2008, 05:43 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilverRubi2
I really have a hard time believing an insurance company would knowingly cover off road damage especially if the damage is obvious.
Why not? They cover DUI accidents, accidents caused by racing, et al. You can bet your premiums will go up though.

Originally Posted by SilverRubi2
But I am curious how many people tell their insurance company their jeep is lifted or modified? And did the premiums go up and by how much?In case of an accident if they are not told ahead of time then they don't need to pay.
You're only required to tell them what they ask. The insurance doesn't cover the modifications, so they're not out on that. The only thing I've heard along those lines is with mileage. Someone was undercutting their estimated annual mileage for a lower premium. The insurance company could tell by the odometer at the time of the accident. The insurance company went back and calculated the difference in premiums and back charged them.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:04 AM
JK Super Freak

I have learned things the hard way. So with that said, what ever you think may or may not be covered "get it in writing" implied coverage will do you no good when something goes wrong.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, insurance companies have policies regarding how high you can lift your vehicle, so check before hand. My company will not cover any vehicle lifted higher than 3" from stock.

When I talked to my agent he said as long as the trail is numbered or in a Park , I'm insured. So basically, if I'm on a legal trail I'm covered. Another good reason to stay on the trail.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:33 AM
JK Freak

Triple A also offers an off-road coverage package. And it's pretty sweet. It boosts the mileage recovery, too. And that's even sweeter.

Bob

Quick Reply: Off road Insuracne Coverage??